Are you thinking about becoming a freelance bookkeeper but don’t know where to start? It’s easy to get overwhelmed, which is why we have broken down the process into eight easy steps. This process begins by getting certified as a bookkeeper and culminates with marketing your business to potential clients.
The eight steps to start a bookkeeping business are:
1. Complete a bookkeeper certification program
2. Create a business plan
3. Incorporate your bookkeeping business
4. Setup your business operations
5. Select an accounting and practice management software
6. Find funding for your bookkeeping business
7. Setup your home office
8. Market your business to potential clients
If you’re ready to learn more, in our How To Start A Bookkeeping Business article, we provide additional details of what action you should take in each step as well as provide you with additional resources, tips and best practices to follow.