The Mechanical Design Engineer will provide fundamental engineering support to develop initial design concepts from sketch through prototyping and production release. The designer will design machined parts, sheet metal, casted, injection molded parts and stampings used in the production of plumbing products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Design and detail manufacturing drawings from concept to finished products.
– Perform product testing and analyze failures
– Analyzes engineering sketches, specifications, and related data and drawings to determine if design is feasible.
– Draft detailed multi view drawings of parts and subassemblies
– SolidWorks computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs
– Rapid prototype fabrication methods.
– Coordinate and lead meetings and design reviews..
– Designing injection molded plastic parts/components/enclosures.-.
– Develop, prototype and assist in development and manufacturing of new products.
– College degree in Mechanical Engineering or 5 years work experience
– Experience with Design for Manufacturability and Assembly
– Experienced SolidWorks software user
– Working knowledge of materials and processes typically used in sheet metal fabrication (a plus)
– Understanding of tooling capabilities in molding/stamping/casting & machining related to product design (a plus)
– SAP (a plus)
– Microsoft office
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.