At Acorns, we’re building a financial wellness system that enables everyday Americans to save and invest every day. We are transforming the category and recruiting a team that is relentless at fulfilling our mission. The Acorns team comes together every day to deliver a revolutionary product to its customers, the up-and-coming. If you thrive in an environment where you can push yourself beyond all previous thresholds of possibility, come join us at Acorns.
Acorns is seeking prospective college graduates for entry level software engineering positions upon graduation for all of our software engineering disciplines. (Backend, Web, Android, and iOS.)
Software engineers are responsible for translating high-level business requirements for new Acorns products and features into the services and data models that power them. They think critically about how to architect and build new components in a performant and scalable manner.
As a software engineer, your typical week will involve collaborating with product and other engineering teams such as mobile, frontend, and QA to plan and create new features and infrastructure to build reliable and cohesive financial products.
We’re looking for engineers that love learning new technologies on the job, think creatively to solve complex problems, and enjoy working collaboratively.
This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine or New York offices.
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionately about Acorns’ mission, vision and values, please apply.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Gain the support of Acorns’ top engineering talent to earn how we do craftsmanship at Acorns
- Own and develop solutions to product and coding issues
- Contribute to the broader Engineering team by participating in peer reviews
- Deploy your code in production to millions of Acorns’ users
Within 6 months, you will:
- Take full ownership of at least one feature, from requirements to implementation
- Identify areas for improvement and drive your vision for Acorns’ technology forward
- Contribute to and evangelize Acorns’ engineering culture
Within 12 months, you will:
- Lead projects that involve cross-functional teams to build major new features
- Become an expert on the services or features you helped build
- Demonstrated excellence within the engineering organization
What you will bring to Acorns:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, EE or equivalent experience
- Passion for self improvement and learning
- Ownership of the software you produce
- 1+ years of programming in a functional or object oriented language
- Understanding of design patterns, basic algorithms and data structures
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life’s mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
- Experience with git and source control
- Previous internship experience
- Knowledge of CI/CD best practices
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world’s top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns’ smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Acorns believes diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental obligations that strengthen our team. We need a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to build a meaningful company and culture.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.