Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek —- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
The Center of Excellence for Companion Diagnostics develops assays, which support the development of new cancer drugs within the field of precision medicine. See http://www.agilent.com/en-us/dako-products for details.
Want to build a career in a dynamic, results-focused environment? Join the team that’s providing technical design support for R&D products, recommends changes and formulates techniques that enhance design for performance. Here, you’ll work on technical design support assignments and provide solutions, learning continuously through ongoing training and on-the-job experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated biologist/biochemist to join the CDx Group in our R&D Department. You will provide technical support to develop accurate, robust and precise assays. Your challenge will be to create value for Agilent through innovative ideas that either create new businesses or enhance existing ones. You will work in a cross-functional team on the following activities:
- Providing technical support to develop immunohistochemistry assays, in situ hybridization assays, and possibly molecular biology-based assays
- Assisting with technical design assignments within feasibility projects, development projects and technology development projects in the CDx division
- Carrying out technical design tasks which require use of planning and judgment
- Solving technical design problems
- Understanding and implementing our quality management system framework. Quality is our passion
- Carrying out experiments including planning, execution, quantitative data analysis and reporting
- Ensuring success through collaboration with your team
- BS/BA in Biology, Biochemistry or related field
- Ability to follow Quality System regulations including Design Control
- Experience with immunohistochemical staining, in situ hybridization and use of a microscope
- 2+ years of related laboratory experience
- Clear verbal and written communications
- Detail-oriented and organizational skills
- Analytical skills, creativity and working well in a team environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Please provide your resume and cover letter for consideration for the position
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 email firstname.lastname@example.org opens an email client application. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.