Opportunity Awaits at Altus Group!
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of independent advisory services, software, and data solutions to the global commercial real estate industry. Our business reflects decades of experience, a range of expertise, and technology-enabled capabilities. Our solutions empower clients to analyze, gain market insight, and recognize value on their real estate investments. Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,500 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific.
We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life cycle.
Our Advisory team is building out a PMO for software products to support our consultants. Our product empowers leading players in the CRE world to access timely and objective insights into asset value and ultimately make sound business decisions. Our years of historical valuation data, supplemented by our leading in-house databases, produce these insights, and support their risk management activities.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, we have a newly created role for an internal-facing Business Analyst. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Irvine office, work across teams to roll-out processes and tools, and ensure project requirements across all initiatives are met to specifications and documented accurately. You will be involved in projects, including application development, continuous improvement initiatives, and training.
Who you are
You are a Project Coordinator with experience building processes and creating documentation to support technical projects, and you are looking for a chance to move into a BA role at a growing company with opportunities to learn. Or you are a BA seeking a chance to help build out a PMO function, determining business needs, and introducing tools and processes to streamline PropTech projects, at a global company where you can develop your career.
What’s in it for you
Impact and exposure. This is a new team in the Irvine office and a chance to define and build out your role, working independently to implement best practices, processes, and procedures. You will gain exposure to tools, technologies, and people as you work across teams on exciting software product projects.
Career Development. You want to be part of a global company that is forward-thinking and setting the standards in CRE technology. You will take on a new multi-faceted role – managing projects, working across global teams on software and business solutions, growing an understanding of the business needs. Your career opportunities will increase as we continue to scale as a company and as a team, including the chance to grow into a Project Manager.
What you will do:
- Track project details. You will establish and maintain processes and documentation to manage scope throughout implementation project life cycles.
- Analyze and report. You will gather relevant data, perform an analysis based on specifications, and create reports for the product and development teams.
- Support and collaborate. You will work with QA on User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure the successful execution of solutions. You will work with various stakeholders globally to elicit feedback and gain an understanding of needs and challenges.
- Research. You are always looking for ways to improve processes and efficiency. You will introduce best practices and tools.
Our new Business Analyst has:
- The education. You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technology, Business, or a related field.
- The experience. You have spent 3 years in a BA role working with a range of stakeholders and creating tools and process documentation. You have a creative and process-oriented approach. You are highly detail-oriented and meticulous. Your focus is accomplishing every milestone while ensuring processes are followed, and issues are proactively dealt with.
- Relationship building expertise. You have expertise working closely with internal stakeholders and end-users to identify business challenges and to develop effective strategies to realize visions and increase adoption.
- A genuine interest in new tools and technology. You are proficient with Microsoft Office, and you have exposure to project management tools such as Jira, or Tableau.
- A winning communication style. You have outstanding written, oral, and presentation skills. You know how to leverage communication tools and methodologies.
- A drive to continuously improve. You can anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal clients, and you are driven to meet or exceed their expectations. You are a forward thinker and can innovate solutions to keep the project – and the business – moving forward.
- Appreciation for cross-team collaboration. You can influence work in a multi-functional team environment with rapidly changing priorities under tight deadlines.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus a great place to grow your career and do some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what’s new by following us on LinkedIn.
What you can expect from our interview process:
- A phone interview discussing your interest in the role and an opportunity for you to ask more questions about the role and how you can develop your career with us as a Business Analyst.
- A short writing assignment to be completed at home. This is a chance to present your skills in documenting production requirements.
- An webex video interview with the Hiring Manager to talk further about your experience and an opportunity for you to get to know the leader you would be working with.
Due to COVID-19 please expect changes to our standard recruitment process. In all instances, the safety of our employees and our candidates is of our utmost concern so we will be conducting interviews virtually and online. We will keep you informed on these changes and ensure that you are prepared in advance with the necessary instructions to conduct the next steps in the recruitment process.
Come realize your potential at Altus Group!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.