NOTE: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States including but not limited to: San Francisco, CA, Dallas, TX, New York, NY, Chicago, IL, Seattle, WA, Atlanta, GA, and Herndon, VA.
Are you a motivated technologist with a unique blend of curiosity, technical chops, and strong interpersonal skills? Do you want to help us build new things and evangelize use of AWS with customers? Do you enjoy being a guiding force, enabling customers to use best practices and design their applications and platforms for the cloud?
The solutions architects (SA) organization is a diverse team that focuses on helping customers build infrastructures and applications at scale using AWS solutions. We are passionate about technology and relish the chances to dive deep and wide within the AWS platform in our quest to delight customers. As an SA intern, you will receive AWS technical training, immerse yourself in cloud computing concepts, have the opportunity to develop business acumen, and learn more about Amazon culture. You will work on projects with mentors and fellow interns, begin your professional AWS certification journey with Cloud Practitioner, and attend professional development events hosted by tenured Amazonians.
Upon successful completion of the internship program, select interns will receive a full-time offer to join as a solutions architect associate (which includes a six-month residency training program, known as AWS Tech U) in 2021/2022, after completion of their degree program.
Come build the future with us.
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks, starting June 2021. Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes.
NOTE: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. Please note that we are reviewing a high volume of applications and appreciate your patience.
· Currently enrolled in an Associate or greater degree program (e.g., Associate degree, Bachelor’s degree) with a graduation conferral date between August 2021 and June 2022
· Experience with one of the following programming languages: Java, Python, Ruby, Node.js, C#, or C++
· Experience with networking fundamentals, databases (Relational and/or NoSQL), Operating systems (Unix, Linux, and/or Windows)
· Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related fields
· Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to both large and small audiences
· Experience implementing a cloud-based technology solution in a school project or while working for a company
· Experience with one or more of the following technical domains: big data & analytics, security, dev ops, application development, or machine learning.
· Awareness of AWS or cloud computing
· Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.