We are looking for an intern to assist the international programming department of AMC Networks. International Programming develops new series from pitch to pilot and oversees the day to day of current shows airing on AMC, BBC America and SundanceTV, including THE NIGHT MANAGER, HUMANS, THE LITTLE DRUMMER GIRL, and KILLING EVE. Interns will assist the department with data entry and database management tasks, research projects, desk coverage for department assistants as needed, providing coverage on scripts, books and other submissions in for review, and other administrative tasks.
- Script/Book Coverage
- Data entry and database management
- Desk Coverage for assistants when needed (answering phones and rolling calls, assisting with meeting setup, etc.)
- Replenishing supplies (printer paper, staples, pens, etc.)
- Support Original Programming Department (being available and proactive for any task)
Film or TV Studies/English/Communications/International Relations
- Excelled reading and writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Interest in and knowledge of international programming (television or otherwise)
- Preferably enrolled in a course of Film/Television study or has interest in storytelling
- Basic PC skills (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, etc.) Filemaker experience a plus but not required.
- Independent self-starter
- Organized and Proactive
- Strong researching skills
- Experience writing film/TV coverage a plus
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.