Amy Sklar Design is seeking an Interior Designer/ Project Manager to work in high-end residential design firm. Candidate must be motivated, proactive, positive, detail-oriented, extremely organized, and have the ability to work independently. Must work quickly and efficiently under pressure. The Designer will oversee small and large residential projects from concept through installation. The designer will work closely with the Principal. A minimum of 2 years experience is desired.
• Work closely with the Principal in developing presentations, schemes, and budgets for new projects.
• Create detailed working drawing sets including floor plans, elevations and furniture layouts in Auto-CAD.
• Create 3D models in SketchUp and photorealistic renderings in V-ray
• Create finish schedules
• Be able to request quotes and estimates from vendors
• Source fabrics, furniture, lighting, fixtures, tile, plumbing fittings & fixtures, and accessories.
• Must have a good working knowledge of vendors online and in the greater Los Angeles area
• Create quotes and execute purchase orders.
• Carry out purchasing and order tracking for multiple concurrent projects.
• Must be able to clearly communicate with vendors and clients.
• Manage contractors, coordinate & oversee installations.
• Prepare for, attend and document client meetings.
• Strong skills in AutoCAD, Sketchup and V-ray, Photoshop & Illustrator, Quickbooks (internet based), MS Office (Word & Excel), Google Docs, and Ivy (internet based software for project management)
• Great communication skills, written and oral.
• Ability to multitask while maintaining high attention to detail & accuracy.
• Sense of humor & general computer wizardry a plus;)
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.