WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Summer Intern at Armanino, you will be exposed to one of Armanino's key service departments – HR Solutions Consulting. You will gain hands-on experience, working alongside professionals at all levels that will provide you with actual insight into the field of public accounting. Your internship will provide you with the same exposure to Armanino as our staff-level hires, with two key differentiators: Intern Week and Fun Fridays. During Intern Week, you'll experience New Hire Orientation (NEO), service line specific training and introductions to your Mentor Team (Intern Buddy and Performance Coach). Every Friday of your internship, you will get together with your intern group to participate in cross-functional or professional development training, followed by a social event with colleagues. You can expect your 8 weeks at Armanino to be a memorable summer of trainings, client work and networking activities.
This educational intern position acts as an administrative support role to the company’s HR Solutions team and outsourced HR Solutions clients. Typical tasks include consultant job shadowing, filing, participation in department staff meetings/discussions, general client and department project and clerical support, and other tasks as needed.
- Interact with OFA consulting staff regarding facets of Human Resources/Payroll including benefits support, workers’ compensation renewals/audits, employee time tracking, employee on-boarding, employee terminations, and monitoring HR client activities. This work will include primarily job shadowing. Any direct tasks assigned will be supervised.
- Adhere to HR Solutions department’s principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely client support for Payroll and Human Resources functions.
- Enter data and maintain files and records as instructed.
- Handle correspondence involving HR Solutions clients, and assist in resolution of HR Solutions issues as needed under direct supervision.
- Deliver exceptional client service.
- Provide timely updates and interact with OFA staff in HR Solutions and Accounting, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Prepare documents and maintain accurate HR Solutions records.
- Maintain historical records for transactions as needed and be responsible for filing Human Resources and Payroll documents.
- Participate in training and instruction as directed.
- Perform all tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- High School diploma or equivalent experience required.
- Prior experience in Human Resources or Payroll is not required, however, related coursework may be preferred.
- Ability to type with speed and accuracy.
- Communication skills – ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, in writing and verbally.
- Ability to communicate in an efficient and professional manner.
- Ability to work accurately and quickly under operational deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills – cooperative, courteous, flexible, and concerned with being helpful and making a good impression.
- Effective work skills – conscientious, persistent, resourceful, productive and active.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is preferred.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.