The Research Services Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Research Coordinator to join our energetic, creative, and service-oriented global team. This position can be located in our Washington, DC, New York, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, or Los Angeles offices. The Research Coordinator works as part of a firm-wide team to support the information needs of attorneys and other timekeepers, management and administrative staff. The Research Coordinator handles the department’s on-demand reference and document delivery requests using internal and external resources to ensure cost-efficiency.
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing on demand reference and document research services across a wide range of subject areas using a variety of print and electronic resources, including free and fee-based databases and websites.
- Actively participating in department and other internal firm meetings.
- Promoting the services of the Department firm-wide.
- Participating in, or leading, special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Enrollment in an MLS program at an ALA accredited school is a plus.
- A minimum of one year of experience providing on demand reference in a law library. Law firm experience is strongly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of research methodology, print and electronic resources and tools in the areas of law relevant to the Firm’s practice.
- Ability to make cost-effective use of a wide range of free and fee-based resources, such as Westlaw, Lexis Advance and Bloomberg BNA to conduct basic research and retrieve documents.
- Familiarity with library and law firm technologies, including software and products used for communication, research and knowledge sharing.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, creative and highly organized individual with strong attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation and a positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to forge relationships with management, colleagues and a diverse clientele.
- Effective work habits, including the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities under deadlines.
Arnold & Porter is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our firm’s equal opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions, including, without limitation, recruitment, employment, assignment, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, disciplinary action and terminations. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Arnold & Porter maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.