Job Type: Internship (paid or for academic credit)
Position Location: Remote, location agnostic, U.S. preference
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Part- time, 15-30 hours per week (Flexible)
Start date: Immediately
How to Apply: Please submit resume and cover letter, briefly describing your interest in the position. Resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
BC Capital Group is seeking highly motivated candidates interested in expanding their professional opportunities in Private Equity where their business acumen and analytical skills can be leveraged in the rewarding sectors of private equity, investment banking and M&A advisory. Associate Interns will participate in many aspects of acquisitions and divestitures, such as secondary source research, development of industry and company profiles, and other quantitative and qualitative analysis. Although BC Capital Group seeks Associates with diverse backgrounds, candidates with a degree in finance or economics are preferred.
A BC Capital Group Associate should demonstrate maturity and initiative, excellent analytical ability, and strong communication (written and verbal) and teamwork skills. Also needed is an understanding of corporate financial analysis and financial statements, and the ability to adapt to varied assignments and situations.
Responsibilities for Mergers & Acquisitions Associate Intern:
M&A Sales Associate Intern will assist with all aspects of generating deal flow on behalf of their clients.
This will include:
- Assist with the BC Capital Group team to develop a pipeline of companies that meets their clients’ investment criteria
- Calling and emailing with business owners of middle market companies in a diverse array of industries to build relationships with them on behalf of your clients
- Qualifying businesses to identify their divestiture posture, ownership structure, revenue, EBITDA, actionability and growth strategy
- Assist Team in communicating our clients’ interest and provide feedback to business owners
- Data gathering via secondary and primary source research
- Education on the alternatives markets, including investments by private equity groups, family offices, institutional investors, and corporate strategic acquirers
- Consultative sales training
- Client account management
To qualify for this excellent opportunity, candidates must demonstrate:
- Top percentile Business Development Skills
- Proven research and analytical skills
- Exceptional opportunity seeking motivation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and interdependently within a team environment
- Adept at managing multiple projects and completing deliverables on schedule
Junior/ Senior or recent graduate of accredited college or university, majoring in Business, Finance or related field required.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Why Work Here?
Forbes rated award winning professional consultancy with exceptional growth in new technology, meritocracy, expanding management team.
BC Capital Group is a separately-owned affiliate to Bainbridge, a global strategic consulting firm, delivering high value advisory services to the Fortune 1000. Founded out of MIT, our main goal is to help clients achieve their strategic objectives while our team members achieve their highest professional goals. The company was recently ranked by Forbes Magazine among the 99th percentile of national management consulting firms and by Vault Magazine as a top 50 national management consulting firm. Our culture is one of teamwork, achievement, and excellence in customer service. From 2016-2020, Bainbridge was recognized by Forbes ranking of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms across 14 industries of expertise. In 2016 Bainbridge was ranked in the Top 50 Most Prestigious Consulting Firms in North America by Vault. In 2007, Bainbridge Consulting was recognized as an employer of choice by the San Diego Business Journal, reflecting the values of teamwork, scholarship, excellence, and impactful value.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
Must be authorized to work in the US.
Bainbridge, Inc is an equal opportunity employer and all employees are responsible for maintaining a discrimination and harassment free environment.
All employees are accountable for conducting their daily business responsibilities in an ethical and moral manner.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.