The Human Resources Intern is responsible for providing quality administrative support to the HR team.
- Assists with scheduling interviews and phone screenings.
- Maintains standardization process for all HR materials and paperwork to include high volume filing and records management.
- Organizes new hire paperwork and assists with the preparation of the New Hire Orientations.
- Schedules monthly Lunch & Learns with ESOP & Union EE’s.
- Sets up for Lunch & Learns, creates sign in sheet, and orders food and water.
- Creates PowerPoint slides for various presentations.
- Creates and completes New Hire Welcome Kits.
- Collects timesheets for temporary employees and submits to various agencies.
- Creates benefits orientation packets.
- Maintains Workers Compensation, Benefits, Legal and Personnel files.
- Completes other duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Must be a current Junior or graduating Senior with a major in Business: HR Concentration.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish (a HUGE plus).
- Prior HR internship experience is a plus.
- Prior administrative, receptionist, or customer service experience is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter with strong ability to take initiative.
- Strong organizational & communication skills.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information.
- High ethical standards. Models and supports organization’s goals and values; adapts to changing conditions; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Consistently conducts themselves in an honest and trustworthy manner. Does not pursue their own individual objectives to the detriment of company goals. Sets an example for others to follow. Does the right thing.
- Demonstrates energy and passion about what they do and knows how to balance work and fun. Is generally optimistic and upbeat; fun to be around. Has a strong belief and zeal for the industry, the job, and the company. Conveys energy and intensity at work with a capacity for keeping others enthusiastic and involved
- Operates with a customer service orientation internally and externally. Works to positively build the Bay Cities brand in everything he/she does. Builds strong, positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Acts as an owner of the business and instills that same attitude and level of action in others. Is proactive in taking responsibility for all outcomes/results and avoids ‘pointing fingers’. Helps to create and maintain a strong feeling of belonging in the immediate and overall team.
- Regularly involves others in decisions that affect their job or work environment. Demonstrates co-operation and trust with colleagues and teams across organizational boundaries. Participates as a team player and establishes strong working relationships to deliver positive results.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, balance, and manage multiple efforts with strong results/goal orientation. Uses time effectively, prioritizes and organizes work flow; can orchestrate multiple activities at once. Agility and personal adaptability with the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities with a high sense of urgency in a rapidly changing environment.
- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work. Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; strives for continuous improvement of self and processes.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information and ideas in a variety of media, tactful, confident, at all levels, internal and external. Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.