**THIS IS AN UNPAID INTERNSHIP, FOR ACADEMIC CREDIT**
As a Business & Legal Affairs intern you will provide general support and assistance to all members of the LA Business and Legal Affairs team across multiple business units including television licensing and co-productions, digital licensing, and home entertainment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
At BBC Studios you will get hands on experience on a variety of different matters. Assignments may include:
- Assist Business & Legal Affairs attorneys to draft standard agreements with an emphasis on entertainment and intellectual property law. Such agreement may include non-disclosure agreements, unsolicited submission letters and cease and desist letters, with the experience ultimately leading to drafting license agreements and deal memos.
- Provide legal research assistance in various areas of the media and entertainment industry, including contract interpretation, claims, and intellectual property issues.
- Assist in development and updating of standard agreements, forms and procedures.
- Summarize contract terms for entry into the worldwide legal database.
- Review checklist procedures for all contracts and standard templates.
- Review and organization of legal contract database, and assist in development of legal procedure manual.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be currently enrolled in college or an accredited law school, preference for law school student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an Internship)
- Entertainment/Media experience
- Interest in the media and entertainment industry strongly preferred
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Eligible for college credit a must
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.