Position Type: Paid Internship
Class Level: Entry
Berggruen Institute Communications Intern Job Posting Winter 2021
About the Berggruen Institute
The Berggruen Institute was established in 2010 to develop new ideas about how to reshape political and social institutions in the face of great transformations the world now faces. Our goal is to work across cultures, disciplines, and political boundaries by engaging with great thinkers in developing and promoting long-term answers to the biggest challenges of the 21st Century. No one person can accomplish this goal alone. It takes a team —people with different backgrounds, technical knowledge, and skills sets.
Cultivate future-oriented solutions.
Inquire with an open mind.
Build a collaborative environment.
Invest in people and relationships.
Respect the human dignity of all.
About the Internship
Berggruen Institute’s Communications team is looking for two interns to assist with the implementation of a new editorial platform. The interns will assist in reviewing submissions from within the BI Network, compiling and organizing a wide range of current and archival content spanning mediums and subject matters, and copyediting content for publishing.
This internship is a great fit for a curious and organized self-starter interested in the editorial process, arts and culture, policy and current events, and design with a strong work ethic and collaborative attitude.
The start date of the internship is January 25, 2021. This position will report to the Program Liaisons, communications. The Length of the Internship is six (6) weeks. This position will be working remotely to start; however, the successful candidate should be based close enough to our downtown Los Angeles office for the anticipation of our return to the office in early 2021. Flexible scheduling with 10 hours per week.
· Assist the program team in reviewing content submissions with an eye for creative and novel thematic intersections of different pieces for editorial presentation
· Research and compile relevant art, media, articles, books, events, and more for editorial purposes
· Research, compile, organize, and review all archival material from within the Berggruen Institute network
· Present content findings and pitch reviews and pieces to program team
· Copyedit material for publishing and properly credit featured works
· Read relevant material to pull and compile quotes and passages for editorial use
· Help with the circulation of content and communication within the program team
· A team-oriented individual who seeks out tasks when work is completed and assists co-workers to ensure deadlines are met.
· Able to use critical and creative thinking to solve problems, both large and small.
· Ability to work independently in a work from home environment with minimal supervision
· Currently enrolled in a college or university
· A strong interest in creative and original editorial curation
· A strong interest in a wide range of topics such as art, policy, the sciences, media, literature, and/or culture
· Enjoy following popular culture and keeping a pulse on current events
Note: We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com and put “Intern Communications” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Berggruen Institute is a proud equal opportunities workplace. We firmly believe employing a diverse workforce is important regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Berggruen Institute is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.