You must apply using the link above by December 7th to be considered – applications on handshake only are not sufficient and will not be reviewed after the application deadline.
Since its inception in 1963, BCG has been at the forefront of business management. We take pride in seeing our ideas successfully implemented. Many of our deepest client relationships have been with companies that transformed their industries. This tradition of transforming businesses and industries continues to motivate us today.
BCG GAMMA combines innovative skills in computer science, artificial intelligence, statistics, and machine learning with deep industry expertise. The BCG GAMMA team is comprised of world-class data scientists and business consultants who specialize in the use of advanced analytics to get breakthrough business results. Our teams own the full analytics value-chain end to end: framing new business challenges, building fact-bases, designing innovative algorithms, creating scale through designing tools and apps, and training colleagues and clients in new solutions.
Here at BCG GAMMA, you’ll have the chance to work with clients in every BCG region and every industry area. We are also a core member of a rapidly growing analytics enterprise at BCG – a constellation of teams focused on driving practical results for BCG clients by applying leading edge analytics approaches, data, and technology.
We’re seeking strong candidates with advanced analytics experience to fill an exciting Data Science Intern position and to join our rapidly growing team for ten weeks this summer. In this role, you’ll have the chance to roll up your sleeves and apply data science methods and analytics to real-world business situations across a variety of industries. Successful candidates are intellectually curious builders who are biased toward action, scrappy, and communicative.
The summer program is one of our most important recruiting activities. The aim of the program is to give summer interns an opportunity to get to know our business and our people well. We expect the summer staff to assume responsibilities like those of new permanent GAMMA staff and to serve as full members of case teams. Many of our summer interns return to full-time positions with us after graduation.
WHO YOU ARE. YOU:
- Are comfortable in a client-facing role with the ambition to lead teams
- Can distill complex results or processes into simple, clear visualizations
- Are able to explain sophisticated data science concepts in an understandable manner
- Love building things and are comfortable working with modern development tools and writing code collaboratively (bonus points if you have a software development or DevOps experience)
- Have significant experience applying advanced analytics to a variety of business situations and a proven ability to synthesize complex data; as well as a deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinnings, and are able to translate this into business implications for our clients
- Have strong project management skills
- Have a desire to work in a fast-paces deadline-drive environment
- Love problem-solving and are intellectually curious across a breadth of industries and topics
- Completing a Master’s Degree or MBA with at least 3 months remaining in the program at the conclusion of the summer internship. Master’s degree should be in computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, machine learning, or a related data centric field
- Strong record of extracurricular activity, professional accomplishment, and leadership
- Additional experience in core analytic methods such as predictive modeling, customer segmentation/clustering, network analysis, supply chain optimization, etc.
- Fluency in at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, R). Python preferred
- Fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment
- Summer position is located in either Boston, Los Angeles or Toronto
- Full-time offers resulting out of summer internship are open to all our GAMMA offices (New York, Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Toronto, Montreal)
- Summer experience will include structured training programs and opportunities to affiliate with one another, GAMMA staff as well as consultants from the broader BCG
- Expect up to 40 – 75% of time spent traveling
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.