Our Boys & Girls Clubs of Oceanside Marketing Coordinator will identify and create opportunities to build public awareness of Club services, programs and activities. Adapt or create messages and designs for promoting upcoming events and/or programs to the public and members, including newsletters, press releases, flyers, etc. Evaluate success of strategy, materials and media and modify as necessary. Assist with fundraising through marketing campaigns and special events. Work closely with program and management staff to determine potential audiences and best approaches.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
1. Develop and implement marketing strategies designed to build appreciation and support of Club programs, services and activities, and to increase participation by youth in the community.
2. Work closely with volunteer committees; partner to create and foster advertising agendas based on Club programs and calendar.
3. Contribute to operational strategic planning, identifying opportunities to promote Club services, programs and activities to specific constituents or the public at large.
4. Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve Club marketing activities.
5. Play an active role in obtaining knowledge of Club programs and activities at each Boys & Girls Clubs of Oceanside (BGCO) location to determine how to both support and promote.
6. Utilize planning tools for effective management of tasks and responsibility including the RASI and Marketing and Resource Development calendar.
7. Contribute to attaining financial support by increasing membership and building the Club’s base of support through financial marketing campaigns.
8. Design and promote special events that focus awareness on Club activities, engage community support and generate revenues.
9. Supports resource development activities with printed materials, online marketing and donor management.
10. Assist in organizational fundraising campaigns and events including Annual Giving Campaign, End of the Year Ask, Pancake Breakfast, Boys and Girls Night Out Gala, and Cuisine for Kids.
11. Control marketing expenditures against budget. Manage vendors and freelance consultants to ensure timely, cost-effective delivery of products and services.
12. Establish and maintain procedures and formats for marketing materials and activities.
13. Continuously develop knowledge of best practices to market Club programs, services and activities within the community.
14. Develop collaborative partnerships with Club staff, volunteers, members, parents, supporters, other Clubs, media contacts, consultants and vendors and other not-for-profit organizations to establish professional links within the community.
15. Assist in engaging new partners and business opportunities for the BGCO.
16. Assist Director of Development as lead staff, all Club Special Events, planning committee meetings, agendas and action plan.
17. Coordinate planning for fundraising events including solicitation of auction items, vendors and volunteers.
18. Evaluate and assess event’s needs.
19. Market, promote, develop effective marketing tools/resources to support all Special Events.
20. Utilize event management system, Greater Giving, to organize and track all aspects of the event.
21. Participate in the development and implementation of all marketing activities to increase the visibility of Club programs, services and activities.
22. Maintain good public relations with local media contacts, members, families, alumni, community leaders and youth serving professionals.
23. Manage effective public events as marketing and promotional opportunities to share the Club’s story and mission; for example, Trade Shows, Resource Fairs, others as deemed fitting by Director of Development.
24. Participate in BGCA marketing initiatives, campaigns and projects, including MAC awards, Alumni, Healthy Initiatives, BGCA Week, Day for Kids and Great Futures.
25. Create daily social media content and consistently post to Facebook, Instagram, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Flickr.
26. Review social media analytics and adjust strategies based on data, to increase engagement and followers.
27. Manage and oversee website content, updating individual pages as necessary, utilizing Word Press
28. Manage Google Ad Works grant to optimize campaigns
29. Work with BGCO website consultant to track and evaluate Google analytics and increase SEO.
30. Develop monthly, yearly calendars for specifically identified subject areas based on Club and Director of Development direction.
31. Work with other departments and Club sites to develop promotional plans and materials for program events.
32. Create and disseminate scheduled newsletter mailings, email news flashes, social media outreach, marketing/promotion campaigns based on established weekly, monthly calendars or as directed by Director of Development and appropriate committees.
33. Attend Special Events as needed and take photos for marketing purposes.
34. Utilize and maintain targeted email lists on Constant Contact.
35. Maintain standards of BGCA National branding for Club staff and promotional pieces, oversight to provide alignment with BGCA National guidelines.
36. Be a positive role model while promoting BGCO mission and vision.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel; work closely with Director of Development as requested/directed.
External: Maintains contact with members, families, alumni, community leaders, youth serving professionals, other Clubs, media contacts, vendors, consultants, organizations and others to achieve program goals and objectives, manage costs, share information and resolve problems; work closely with Director of Development as requested/directed.
· College degree or equivalent
· Two to three years of progressively responsible experience in marketing and fundraising events
· Superior writing, editing and verbal communications skills
· Strong project management, administrative and organizational skills, including supervision of vendors, suppliers and consultants
· Strong skills in graphic design, PhotoShop and Microsoft Office skills
· Familiarity with Word Press program and website management
· Excellent customer service skills with an emphasis on cultivating and maintaining relationships
· Able to manage multiple priorities and be attentive to details
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.