Responsible for providing mentorship and engage youth members in activities and programs, which enables them to develop self-confidence and reach their full potential as responsible, caring citizens. Directs the planning and implementation of National Club Programs and Local Initiative Activities that will leave a positive impact on youth members, while maintain a positive, safe environment and atmosphere at all times.
- Develop commitment from members to ensure active participation in Programs and Activities.
- Empower members to be leaders through positive role modeling.
- Facilitate National Program sessions and Local Initiative Activities in the following Skills, The Arts, and Sports, Fitness, & Recreation.
- Provide recognition to members through positive validations, healthy incentives, and affirmation on a regular basis.
- Team Building mentality is exemplified in all work done.
- Positively influence and uplift members and other affiliates.
- Ensure productive and effective performance by all program staff and volunteers.
Plans and oversee the administration of the annual Passport to Manhood (P2M) programs, activities and events that support National & Local Initiative Outcomes.
· Coordinate, Plan & Execute the annual P2M Empowerment event.
· Coordinate, Plan & Execute the annual P2M Manfest event.
· Ensure implementation of the organization of the P2M programming.
· Facilitate meeting will all key site to specified program leads in preparation in concluding timeframes of the P2M programming.
· Work in conjunction with Site Supervisor(s) & Senior Director’s to ensure budgets, hours for staffing, and resource that are shared and maintain across all branch sites.
· Create & collect contact list of presenters and other local branch site (Venice, Challengers, and Malibu and etc.) to inform and invite to special events.
MANAGE & DEVELOP RESOURCE
· Monthly program planning is required to ensure preparation and successful programs and activities.
· Attend and participate in Staff Trainings, which is essential to professional development.
· Follow all policies and procedure at all times, including the Club’s Code of Conduct, which can be found in the Staff Manual.
· Must be able to inform important and relevant information in Staff Meetings and to members, parents, co-workers, Branch Director/Supervisor, Chief Operations Officer and other Boys & Girls Club affiliates.
· Must be able to listen to co-workers, parents, youth members and community and other Boys & Girls Club affiliates.
· Must be able to present important and relevant information and/or presentations through program facilitation, staff meetings or training, and/or other Boys & Girls Club events.
· Must be able to write and compose clear, concise, accurate written documentation and data reports.
SUPERVISION & SAFETY
· Must be able to supervise youth members during program time.
· Provide sound and reasonable discipline of youth members at necessary times through written documentation (i.e. write-up), and/ or parent phone call.
· Practice and constantly be aware of safe practices like Crisis Management, Emergency Preparedness, CPR and First Aid, etc.
· Maintain a clean and orderly work space at all times.
· Must be at least 18 years of age and have valid identification.
· Work experience with Boys & Girls Club of other youth serving organization.
· Ability to organize, supervise, and discipline youth members.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
· Maintain a high energy level.
· Be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
· Speak clearly and hear normal conversations as well as out of the ordinary noises.
· Sit or stand for four plus hours per day.
· Stoop, bend, climb and walk frequently.
· Lift up to 40 pounds.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.