Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect people, products and places. Brady’s products help customers increase safety, security, productivity and performance and include high-performance labels, signs, safety devices, printing systems and software. Founded in 1914, the Company has a diverse customer base in electronics, telecommunications, manufacturing, electrical, construction, medical, aerospace and a variety of other industries. Brady is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and as of July 31, 2019, employed approximately 6,100 people in its worldwide businesses. Brady’s fiscal 2019 sales were approximately $1.16 billion. Brady stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BRC. More information is available on the Internet at www.bradycorp.com.
Division Description: PDC is a global leader in people identification solutions, manufacturing high-quality, innovative identification products for a wide assortment of industries. PDC is headquartered in Valencia, CA and has offices globally. PDC has just over 1,500 people and manufactures its products in six manufacturing sites spanning the U.S., Europe, Mexico and China.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer/UX Developer who has the creative instinct to design incredible user experiences, the technical ability to assist with implementation and enthusiasm to be part of a team creating our next-generation application platform. As a leader in access control applications looking for the right candidate that is not afraid to develop innovative products that will protect our customers premises, data and more. This Developer will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and impact people safety from office buildings, schools and medical facilities. Join the PDC IDenticard R&D team that is developing the next generation access control solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work within a small focused agile team to develop SaaS applications and platform features.
- Take ownership for the technical quality while being mindful of best practices for user-centered design and enabling a great and simple user experience.
- Consult with customers and business owners to understand current business issues and offer high quality solutions to solve their problems.
- Develop and test platform features using Microsoft.NET, C#, ASP.NET MVC, Azure Serverless, Azure Service Bus, and Azure Web Apps, Azure Cosmos.
- Develop mobile applications (iOS and Android) leveraging PWA and Xamarin.
- Support global businesses with solutions that span multiple regions and languages.
- Work closely with backend developers and other IT teams to integrate UI, application, and systems of record ensuring design integrity.
- Provide technical guidance and recommendations on front-end technologies.
- Communicate accurate project status to management, including risk, estimates, impediments
- Create tools to support the engineering and operations processes.
- Analyze requirements and translate business requirements into product designs.
- Write technical specifications, design and architecture diagrams, and other forms of documentation.
- Suggest technical alternatives and improve/streamline processes and systems.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience.
- 1-3 years experience with UI/UX design and development.
- Experience with definition, implementation, and rollout of new processes, tools, and practices.
- Ability to diagnose and debug issues within development environments and customer solutions.
- Experience with the .NET libraries and Git.
- Experience implementing Web Services using REST, as well as using existing Web services.
- Understanding and working knowledge of SQL Server database.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or other cloud hosting platforms.
- Experience with SQL based database systems.
- Experience in system programming with an emphasis on multithreading / asynchronous programming, process / memory management, and socket / IO programming.
- Complete insurance coverage starting on the first day of employment — medical, dental, vision, life
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Bonus opportunity
- Vacation and Holiday pay
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.