About Brightworks Sustainability
One of the first sustainability consulting firms in the United States, Brightworks Sustainability has enjoyed a position of leadership and innovation in sustainability since its founding in 2001. We help our clients establish and implement operational sustainability programs that reduce their environmental footprints, advance their sustainability journeys, and increase their operational performance.
Brightworks’ creative and multi-disciplinary staff offer expertise in the following areas:
- Sustainable and Healthy Buildings
- Sustainable and Healthy Materials
- Energy Analysis and Optimization
- Building Performance, Operations, and Maintenance
- Corporate Sustainability and ESG Programs
Leaders in their industries, our major clients include Apple, Bank of America, Brookfield, Facebook, The Green Cities Company (Formerly Gerding Edlen), GUCCI, LinkedIn, Microsoft, Nike, Salesforce, Uber, and UCLA, among others.
Your Experience As AMember of Brightworks’ Team
Our team members routinely cite the following aspects of their experience at Brightworks as most valuable to them:
- Making a difference
- High degree of flexibility
- Learning and growth
- Amazing colleagues
- Great clients and projects
- Recognition for performance
- Competitive compensation
You will be treated as an important strategic contributor, and you will be expected to make important contributions to the business while growing professionally, intellectually, personally, socially, and financially.
A certified B Corp since 2010, Brightworks Sustainability is committed to benefiting society while serving its customers. From 2012-2017, Brightworks received B Corp’s “Best for the Environment” honor. From 2018 to the present, Brightworks has received B Corp’s “Best for Workers” honor.
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience.? Additionally, we provide generous employee benefits that include:
- Flexible schedules
- Life and short-term & long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- A funded professional development budget
- 401(k) plan with many sustainable socially equitable fund options
- Company 401(k) match
- Sustainable commuting subsidy
- Employee Fitness Benefit
About This Position
A Project Manager at Brightworks Sustainability has experience managing and consulting in the sustainable design and construction of green buildings, as well as the sustainable maintenance and operations of existing facilities, with deep expertise with all versions ofLEEDand exposure and practice with other sustainability frameworks and green building rating systems (WELL, Fitwel, Living Building Challenge, Envision, etc.).
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated capabilities to meet client expectations, manage sustainability projects, coordinate with internal resources and external partners, and participate in the ongoing refinement and expansion of a sustainability and green building consulting practice.
Key job requirements include managingLEED, green building, and sustainability services, maintaining and expanding existing client relationships and contributing to sustainability thought leadership in the region.
Successful performance in this role also requires collaborating with Principals, Senior Project Manager, and Project Coordinators, as well as coordination with our energy and materials team members and some oversight and mentoring of junior staff. It is also expected that the successful candidate would contribute to Brightworks ongoing innovation and business leadership.
This position requires previous experience on multipleLEEDprojects. Preference will be given to candidates with LEED BD+C and ID+C experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience inLEEDrating systems
- LEEDAccredited Professional designation
- Proven project management experience in sustainability consulting, architecture, engineering, construction, or real estate with demonstrated abilities to manage multiple complex projects with various stakeholders and technical detail
- Knowledge of building science
- Bachelor’s degree in an environmental, engineering, architecture, or sustainability-related field.Preference for disciplines related to the built environment.
- Experience working with corporate accounts and client relationship management
- Business development experience including identifying leads and assistance in scoping and writing proposals
- Experience directing and overseeing the work of junior staff, taking responsibility for all aspects of a project to deliver high quality results on schedule and within the budgeted project cost.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation skills
- Adept at working with MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Experience managing green building certification projects with multiple sustainability certification frameworks
Location: This position will be located in Brightworks’ Los Angeles office.
Other Brightworks Sustainability west coast office locations may be considered.
The annual salary range for this position in the Los Angeles area is $76,786 – $107,501.
Pay offered may vary depending on geographic region, internal equity, job-related knowledge, job-related skills, skill level,and experience among other factors.
This position reports to a Senior Project Manager.