With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:
- 2020 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work®
- 2019 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes
- 2019 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence
- 2021 Vault Rankings – 5th Best Accounting Firm for Client Interaction
Together, CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. MHM is an independent CPA firm that provides audit, review and attest services, while CBIZ provides, business consulting, tax and financial services.
Our Cost Segregation team provides real estate investors and owners significant tax benefits by accelerating federal tax deductions for buildings and improvements. As a Financial Engineering intern, you will assist with analyzing all types of properties ranging from hotels, casinos, golf courses, apartments, restaurants, offices, retail and anything in-between.
Essential Functions & Primary Duties
- Working with other associates to procure data related to acquisition or construction and to ensure client satisfaction.
- Help analyze construction cost ledgers, contractor payment applications, and other cost documentation and reconcile to accounting records.
- Assist in performing takeoffs utilizing blueprints and perform physical site inspections
- Assist in estimating unit costs utilizing costing manuals such as RS Means and Marshall & Swift
- Help to determine the appropriate tax life for each component of a building in accordance with IRS Regulations
- Understand and utilize the tangible property regulations and the application of the regulations to various projects
- Assist in writing reports and preparing schedules that support findings from analysis
- Help analyze property data and real estate income and expense statements
- Understanding of real estate appraisal valuation methodology and concepts
- May perform administrative support functions, client communication letters, request forms, etc.
- Assist with research and report writing skills
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction management, construction engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or relatable degree
- Active participation in student organizations or work experience in a related field
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results driven team oriented environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong computer and technical skills including, Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and the understanding of complex formulas and macros
- Must possess a valid in-state driver’s license
- You must be at least 16 years old (or a work permit, if required)
- High School Diploma or GED required
- No experience is required
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.