Under the supervision of the nursing supervisor, the Medical Assistant is responsible for providing quality patient care by assessing their medical history, taking vital signs, and performing necessary laboratory, health screening procedures and assists the medical providers with patient care.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct initial patient assessment, vital signs, EKG, figure stick for Hemoglobin, blood glucose levels, perform urine dipstick and pregnancy test when needed
- Perform accurate EHR documentation.
- Obtain blood specimen from a patient by means of vein puncture of skin puncture according to standard clinic protocol and procedure.
- Administer injection/ immunization as ordered by a medical provider.
- Maintain cleanliness of the exam room by utilizing infection control techniques.
- Ensure exam rooms are stocked with necessary supplies and instruments.
- Check Refrigerator temperature twice daily and record it on the temperature log.
- Work as a team player and be willing to assist other clinical when needed.
- Manage other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Medical Assistant Certified (Not Required)
- Minimum 1-year of clinical experience preferable
- Computer literacy in any health information systems
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and be part of a team, as well as to work independently.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Current CPR card.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with people from different cultures, social and economic backgrounds, education.
- Bilingual in Cantonese/Mandarin & English is a PLUS
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.