Chinatown Service Center (CSC) is a multi-service, community health center, which provides compassionate, multi-lingual and culturally sensitive care to the communities of Chinatown, San Gabriel Valley and beyond. Our mission is to provide outstanding services and advocacy that promote better quality of life and equal opportunity for immigrants and other communities.
Under the direct supervision of the clinic operations manager the patient care coordinator (PCC) will maintain smooth patient flow through communication between patient, provider, Medical Assistant (MA) and other clinic support staff as well as ensuring proper eligibility of insurance coverage.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service
- Process calls according to purpose of call and/or forward urgent calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Perform administrative skills such as creating, managing and scheduling appointments.
- Coordinate communication utilizing a variety of tools (e-mail, EMR, Teams, etc) with colleagues and care teams.
- Verify patient’s appointment on CSC’s electronic medical record (EMR), NextGen and accurately obtain patient information, verify insurance coverage and prepare encounter.
- Check and correct any additional system alerts in NextGen.
- Receive patient payments such as co-pays, outstanding balances, guarantor payments and assign to the correct patient accounts.
- Participate in quality improvement projects.
- Check to make sure that Financial Screening, program enrollment, and verification is completed in check-in.
- Screen telephone calls to ensure routing to the appropriate department or individual(s).
- Assist with appointment cancellation and rescheduling and conducting reminder calls.
- Ensure complete and accurate data entry during telephone patient registration process.
- Provide general information (e.g. directions, scope of services, available programs) to patients and/or customers.
- Forward patient concerns and feedback to appropriate personnel within the Community Health Center for resolution and optimization of clinic efficiency.
- Provide assistance and information to patient when requested.
- Assist in data collection for Clinic Operations’ performance measure.
- Make, cancel, and reschedule appointments as needed.
- Comply with HIPAA/HITECH/OSHA and CMS regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 Year minimum working experience in front clinic office functions, patient scheduling and registration, is preferred.
- Proficiency in written and verbal English and targeted language.
- Able to work effectively while multi-tasking.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish or Mandarin/Cantonese preferred
Clinic Operations Manager
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.