Are you passionate about software development? Would you like to make a real life impact to connected families around the world? Maybe you’d like working with us at Circle. We make Circle Home Plus, a device that attaches to a home network and allows parents to manage their family’s Internet use.
We’re looking for someone to join our engineering team to help design, implement, and maintain our entire portfolio of products across many technical disciplines. Our ideal candidate has experience working with Kubernetes as well as experience developing cloud services.
We’re hiring for this position in both of our offices located in Cypress, California and Portland, Oregon. If you join us, you will work closely with the other team members located at both offices. At times you may interact directly with customers. Due to safety concerns regarding COVID-19 we are working fully remote for the foreseeable future.
A Software Engineer is responsible for working with fellow Software Engineers to develop high quality software for Circle products. Based on experience level, a Software Engineer may be responsible for anything from implementing individual features to improving overall technology and software architecture.
Software Engineers are expected to work effectively within their team and across the Circle organization in a sustainable manner. Within their team, Software Engineers are expected to contribute to training new hires and ensure distribution of knowledge by regularly requesting and providing code reviews.
Aside from technical contributions, Software Engineers are expected to contribute to a healthy and professional work culture. Candidates must be comfortable working in a fast paced, small team startup environment.
If you’re looking to invent new solutions to problems and make direct, visible contributions to a product that’s in a lot of homes, check us out!
- Must demonstrate initiative and ability to adapt
- Must be driven to constantly learn new things
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Experience with cloud service development, preferably written in Go
- Experience working with cloud computing platforms (AWS or GCP)
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- Proficiency in Linux
- Experience with REST architecture for cloud services
- Experience applying computer science fundamentals in data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Great communication and collaboration skills, in person, online, and by video conference
- Experience working outside of your comfort zone and taking initiative
- Experience with test automation frameworks and writing automated tests
- Proficient in source control systems, especially git
- Completes development assignments on time with high quality
- Anticipates technical challenges and propose/evaluate solutions
- Collaborates with other teams to implement solutions effectively
- Reviews pull requests promptly
- Innovates on Circle products
- Researches and proposes new technologies
- Makes sure code is testable and well-tested
- Keeps tech debt in check
- Identifies problems with development processes
- Proposes and implements new development processes and process improvements
- Provides input with regards to technology strategy
- On call rotation for production issues, along with the rest of engineering
About Circle Media
It began with three dads at a kitchen table. They wanted a better internet for their families—one that let them steward their kids’ online experience both in the home and outside of it. We envision a world where families can set healthy limits, find balance, and build lifelong habits to get the best out of their digital experiences, rather than being consumed by them. Our rapidly growing team, with offices in Portland, OR and Cypress, CA, is redefining how families connect, grow, and flourish in an increasingly digital world. Today, Circle is a category leader in online screen time management and digital parental controls. Our flagship product, Circle Home Plus, is the most comprehensive solution to manage content and time online for Wi-Fi devices at-home and mobile devices across all networks. Circle software is also available through subscription on NETGEAR™ routers, T-Mobile® FamilyMode™, and Sky Broadband Buddy (UK). Circle’s mission to make families’ lives better, online and off, is fueled by investment from Atlanta Seed Company, Relay Ventures, Third Kind Venture Capital, and strategic partners including some of the world’s largest digital communications providers: NETGEAR, Sky, and T-Mobile US.
Circle is devoted to helping families thrive with technology and with each other. We envision a world where families find balance, set healthy limits, build good habits, and get the best out of their digital experiences, rather than being consumed by them. Circle’s screen time management and parental control solutions are the easiest and most comprehensive way to manage all your family’s connected devices—wherever they are, wherever they go.
We pride ourselves on creating a work environment and culture that is flexible for all work styles and lifestyles. In the past we’ve enjoyed company hosted events such as summer picnics, bowling, and frequent team lunches (CA Fish Grill is our go-to lunch spot for our Cypress office). Last year we had our first Family Fair Day at the OC County Fair. Our team is excited to bring on some new talent to work alongside us!
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.