WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Portfolio Analyst primary responsibilities are:* Prepare review book materials for client presentations* Prepare IPS letters for new clients and IPS change / reallocation letters when necessary* Assist the Portfolio Management team in solving client and advisor issues as it relates to Operational and logistical inquires* Act as the primary Portfolio Management team liaison with all Operations teams including New Accounts, Billing, Performance and Client Services* Transition / set up new client accounts* Analyze portfolio performance and research outliers* Respond to ad hoc client requests, and manage client and advisor phone calls in the course of providing the highest degree of service* Becoming proficient in the applications and technology used in the portfolio management and client service operations processes* Respond to compliance inquiries, including those re: large withdrawals and source of funds for existing clients* Keep up with the current market environment and general performance of firms investments* With experience, setup client accounts in trading system and perform basic trading responsibilities, and analyze accounts for strategic rebalancing* Of note, this role is not a research analyst position
Wealth Management Division: City National Rochdale
As a member of City National Rochdale, the company’s Wealth Management group, you will provide white-glove service focused on intelligently personalized portfolio management for high-net-worth individuals, families, and institutions. For 30 years, City National Rochdale has helped clients achieve their goals, operating as a nimble, responsive, local boutique investment firm.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 0-3 years of experience in finance related role, preferably in investment management and services and professional team environment (relevant internship experience considered; internal mobility candidates highly desired and encouraged; referrals encouraged)
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability and desire to learn
- Excellent communication skills; professional demeanor
- Ability to effectively address Client or FA trade and investment related questions
- Ability to learn the Firm’s proprietary trading system, and the portfolio accounting system
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple deliverables
- Quality of work product; quality assurance of work product of others
- Commitment to pursue CFA; level one candidate
- Proficient in basic computer software tools, e.g., MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Interest and / or experience in client facing role
- Interest in financial markets and investing
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably major in Finance
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.