WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
Our company is devoted to doing the best possible work for our clients and maintaining a fun, thriving environment for our team. You will work side by side with top talent to improve your skills and advance the company as a whole. We listen to your ideas and use them.
We offer opportunities for growth and training and the best profit sharing bonus plan in the industry. Up to 50% of all profits are paid out monthly to all full-time employees! All team members enjoy paid time off and subsidized gym memberships. In addition, our in-house team members enjoy flex days, free Friday lunches, regular company events, higher base salaries, and comprehensive insurance. We offer medical, vision, and life insurance in all US states.
We consider all applicants for positions at our company and while we prefer in-house employees, 70% of our team work remotely around the world thanks to the time tracking software, Time Doctor. We welcome all applicants, wherever in the world you might be!
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- High skill level in Adobe Creative suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.), HTML, and CSS
- Demonstrated understanding of typography, grids, gradients, color palettes, and flat
- A portfolio demonstrating experience designing for the web
- Experience with e-commerce platforms (preferred, especially Shopify and BigCommerce)
- Best practice knowledge in responsive design and mobile usability
- Current knowledge of modern design aesthetic and creative trends
- Experience with project and business management tools such as Basecamp, G Suite, and QuickBooks
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience communicating and presenting ideas to clients
- Ability to manage projects internally for clients
- High level of performance under pressure and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Basic understanding of the role of web developers
- Excellent written communication skills
- The availability to work 40 hours per week from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm PST
- Passion to build a startup
- Reliable transportation if working in-house
- A reliable workstation with a fast computer, microphone and speakers, reliable internet and power if working remotely
YOUR DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Preparation of creative assets for display online
- Creating wireframes and website mockups based on creative briefs and other materials
- Communicating the client’s vision to our technical experts to bring the project to reality, and translating technical reporting to clients through productive client meetings.
- Utilizing Photoshop, Illustrator, and Fireworks to create and/or optimize images for the web
- Utilizing tools like typekit, sift, cufon to incorporate custom fonts on the web
- Managing projects schedule and ensuring the timely completion of project milestones
- Applying Coalition Technologies’ methodology and standards effectively to each project
- Collaborating effectively with other teams involved in bringing the client’s vision to life, such as the SEO team and web developers, and applying strategic project management skills to translate technical tradeoffs, * performance needs, and updates to the client.
- Hands-on involvement in conceptualizing and designing internal marketing materials (both print and web-based)
- Participating in ongoing training and study to expand your knowledge, as well as sharing new trends and information with the team.
- Utilizing methods such as Photoshop layered/folder files to present projects/files in an organized, professional manner
Remote/Telecommuting optional. No education or experience required for candidates who excel in our skills tests.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.