College Track seeks a Grant Writer to work out of our national headquarters in Oakland, CA or one of our regional offices in
- Sacramento, CA
- Los Angeles, CA
- Denver, CO
- New Orleans, LA
- D.C. Metro Area
College Track seeks a driven and organized Grant Writer who has strong and persuasive writing skills and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This position provides an essential role to the organization, creating the grant proposals and reports that enable multiple regions to serve thousands of students. The Grant Writer must be passionate about equipping students confronting systemic barriers to graduate from college.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Conduct the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundations, corporations, individuals, and government entities.
- Collaborate with College Track national departments—Finance, Organizational Performance, Program, and People (Human Resources)—and regional teams to gather information necessary to report to current funders.
- Comply with grant report and proposal requirements, utilizing templates and providing mandatory information in a persuasive, thoughtful, and sophisticated writing style.
- Contribute to and maintain a knowledge sharing system capable of maximizing the development team’s collective grant proposals and reports.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of College Track history and programming across all regions—Northern California (includes the Bay Area and Sacramento), New Orleans, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C. and Colorado—to create clear, concise, and compelling reports and proposals.
- Compile and manage excellent historical and prospective data to effectively prioritize work; Salesforce experience is highly preferred.
Skills & Experience Required
- Minimum of 3 years of grant writing experience (including both proposals and reports), with a proven track record of raising money from foundation, corporation, and government sources; experience writing for multiple regions is preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal; highest priority is the ability to write clear, concise, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals/reports. Highly sophisticated writing skills are required.
- Excellent ability to monitor and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Excellent computer skills with all Microsoft Office programs; Salesforce experience preferred.
- Understanding of budgeting process, with the ability to create compelling narratives based on the organization’s financial data.
- Strong interpersonal and process management skills, with a strong interest in and talent for working on teams.
- Undergraduate degree in communications, English, writing, or similar field.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.