Mental Health Counselor/PSR Specialist– Mental Health Services for Transitional Residential Program
Hours: 16-24 hours/week (Friday, Saturday & Sunday)
Community Research Foundation inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs are growing and expanding, with opportunities for motivated and dedicated staff.
Located in Oceanside, CA, this transitional residential program assists people with chronic mental illness and dual diagnosis to move towards recovery and independent living. It is a Full Service Partnership and offers clients mental health services including psychiatric care, assistance with medication management, individual and group therapy, vocational assistance, case management, and peer support.
The residential component of the program is 6 to 9 months long and graduates can participate in an alumni program that will assist in their transition to a more independent lifestyle.
Typical Duties of the Mental Health Counselor
- Provide individual, group, and milieu therapy and medication support
- Conduct intakes, discharges, collateral contacts, treatment planning, crisis intervention, and facility monitoring
- Attend weekly URC and treatment meeting
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a mental health-related field such as Social Work, Psychology, Counseling is required for this position; Master’s degree is preferred
- Minimum of two years of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is preferred
- Current CPR/First Aid certification is required and must be maintained during employment
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Graduates: You may qualify for our student loan repayment/forgiveness programs!
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
In keeping with our commitment to support healthy communities, CRF has a tobacco use policy for all workforce members. More information is available upon request.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.