Coretrust Capital Partners, LLC (“Coretrust”) is a fast growing, vertically integrated investment manager focused on the acquisition, re-positioning and operation of large office properties nationwide. Coretrust was founded in 2014 as a successor firm to Thomas Properties Group, Inc. (NYSE: TPGI). The firm provides fiduciary investment management services to institutional clients.
Coretrust currently manages a discretionary fund with $1 billion total investment capacity. While employed at TPGI, the team managed over $4 billion of institutional capital in both co-investment and separate account formats. Since its formation, Coretrust has assembled a portfolio of 4 million square feet located in Philadelphia, Los Angeles and Northern Virginia. The firm’s current investment focus is prominent, large-scale office buildings in targeted major metropolitan markets in the Mid-Atlantic, West Coast and Southwest regions. Coretrust is a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA).
The Analyst Intern – Asset Management and Capital Markets will be involved in various analytical activities in support of the company’s investment management objectives, including asset management, portfolio management, investor and asset-level reporting, acquisitions, dispositions and capital markets transactions. Working closely with the Asset Management and Capital Markets teams, the successful candidate will assist Coretrust executives in their effort to drive property performance throughout each asset’s hold period as well as tracking and underwriting potential acquisition opportunities.
Coretrust has grown from 400,000 square feet in 2014 to 4 million square feet in 2020 and from 1 employee to 17 employees in the same period. Coretrust plans to continue growing quickly, acquiring some of the most prominent properties in markets, and is looking for dynamic people to grow with the company. The analyst internship will be an opportunity for the intern to showcase a desire and ability to earn a full-time position and career path with Coretrust.
- Contribute to underwriting potential acquisitions, reviewing financing alternatives and participating in due diligence activities.
- Track new opportunities in the market and assist in the production of market-level investor reports.
- Provide supporting analytics for the Strategic Plan for each asset, including market positioning and leasing strategies, capital improvement programs, budgetary review and approval, operations oversight, appraisal activity, hold/sell analysis and client reporting.
- Provide supporting analytics for the Annual Business Plan for each portfolio asset, including operating budgets and leasing guidelines and forecasts.
- Assist with evaluating and resolving operational and leasing issues.
- Contribute to asset management functions including budget and financial statement review, capital recommendations.
- Maintain Argus and Excel valuation models for each asset and assist with portfolio-level modeling and returns analysis on a quarterly basis, as well as property-level partner and lender compliance activities.
- Continuously investigate and gather information on market and product trends that will maintain and enhance the Company’s strategic and competitive advantages.
- Participate in the Company’s Investment Committee processes.
- 0-2 years of experience in commercial real estate (investment experience preferred)
- Bachelor’s (or in pursuit of a Bachelor’s) degree in real estate, finance, economics, or accounting preferred
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in Argus Enterprise preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and experience creating complex financial models.
- Understanding of general accounting principles.
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated and proactive.
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Impeccable integrity, work ethic and velocity, with the desire for a collaborative/teamoriented culture.
- A high-level thinker, but also possessing the aptitude and willingness to engage in details.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to break down complex information into concise data points and defend resulting opinions in a non-confrontational manner.
- Ability to multi-task and work under competing deadlines.
- Willingness to travel within Los Angeles County for property site visits.LOCATION: Downtown Los Angeles, CA
444 S. Flower Street, Suite 600
TIME COMMITMENT: Five full days per week during Summer 2021