HEALTH CARE AGENCY (HCA)
HCA is a dynamic organization dedicated to creating and supporting an environment that promotes the achievement of optimal individual, family and community health. Under the direction of the Agency Director, a new and dynamic executive team with an organizational structure comprised of six (6) service areas – Finance and Administrative, Behavioral Health, Correctional Health, Office of Care Coordination, Medical Health Services, and Public Health – is committed to meeting the health needs of the diverse Orange County community.
PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICES (PHS)
PHS is made up of the divisions described below and works with the community to assure a competent workforce, evaluate services and conduct research:
- Clinical Services
- Communicable Disease Control
- Community and Nursing Services
- Environmental Health
- Health Promotion and Community Planning
- Public Health Laboratory
The eligible list will be used to fill the immediate needs of the Nutrition Services and Local Oral Health Programs under the Health Promotion and Community Planning Division, which is dedicated to protecting and promoting the optimal health of individuals, families and the diverse communities of Orange County.
Nutrition Services conducts activities to increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables and daily physical activity in Orange County. Nutrition Services directly implements State-funded nutrition projects and oversees Federal-funded and State-funded contracted providers that implement projects that improve nutrition through community education, systems and environmental change strategies, media campaigns, the provision of supplemental food, nutrition education, and breastfeeding support, as well as nutrition resource linking for low to moderate-income clients.
Local Oral Health Program (LOHP) conducts activities countywide that support the California Oral Health Plan (COHP), which aims to improve the oral health of all Californians. LOHP is tasked with improving access to and utilization of dental services, providing oral health education and public awareness, enhancing integration of dental and medical care, building capacity of the dental workforce, helping coordinate countywide oral health efforts, and collecting oral health data and evaluation findings to drive evidence based programs.
The Public Health Research Analyst will assess data management systems and design effective protocols for data collection to support nutrition and oral health projects, including process tracking, impact and outcome evaluation. The position will participate in collecting, compiling and tabulating data; analyzing and evaluating data and performing and verifying statistical calculations; planning, developing and reviewing content and format of program evaluation reports, including recommendations, summary of findings and providing supporting narrative text, charts, graphs, tables and source references.
Under the general direction of a Senior Research Analyst, the Public Health Research Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Designing and conducting program evaluation and/or quality improvement projects
- Synthesizing and interpreting nutrition and oral health data, and recommending interventions, policies and strategies to address data findings
- Reviewing and summarizing scientific literature and policies
- Extracting, manipulating and analyzing large datasets related to the performance outcomes of Nutrition Services and LOHP in order to produce statistical analyses that drive program and operational decisions
- Using advanced statistical data mining techniques to uncover patterns in the data that will improve performance, providing recommendations for program improvement, and quantitatively monitoring future impact of program improvement initiatives
- Using Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping software to perform thematic mapping and spatial analyses
- Communicating technical regulations and reporting requirements to audiences with varying levels of understanding
- Providing technical expertise to help guide Nutrition Services and LOHP research initiatives
- Working with local and state governing entities, contracted providers, community stakeholders, agency managers, and consumers
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.