At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission – to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
CrowdStrike is looking to fill summer 2021 internships with our Data Engineer and Data Science teams, working at the exciting intersection of Machine Learning, Big Data, and Security. We are a diverse and multidisciplinary team, and you’ll have the chance to broaden your horizons by working jointly with a team of Engineering, Big Data, Machine Learning, and Security domain experts on hard and impactful problems. You will gain valuable experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
This role is open to candidates in our offices in El Segundo, CA and/or Sunnyvale, CA.
As a Data Science Intern…
- You will have the opportunity to apply your coding, mathematical and scientific research skills to the bleeding edge of security technology. You’ll be able to leverage large-scale rich data to meaningfully improve our supervised learning models and refine our identification of malicious computer software and behavioral threats.
- Work directly with Sr. Data Scientists, helping to create predictive machine learning models that help detect and stop today’s most sophisticated threats
- Hone your ability to balance detail-oriented research with goal-oriented business objectives
- Implement and experiment with new algorithms and methodologies to help improve our machine learning models
- Automate an visualize analyses, results and processes in our machine learning pipeline
- Key Skills: Analytically minded with completed coursework in linear algebra and statistics or an equivalent knowledge of applied mathematics. Experienced in writing python code to pre-process and analyze data to generate actionable insights. Hands on in your approach to understanding data and learning about new fields.
As a Data Engineer Intern…
- You will be exposed to the infrastructure and technologies that underly CrowdStrike’s Research & Development efforts, and will help make material contributions to the tooling and services that power our Machine Learning solutions.
- Participate in engineering efforts to support R&D and machine learning initiatives
- Understand, provision and maintain new and existing infrastructure
- Learn about containerization, micro-services, and distributed architecture
- Work with cutting edge technologies and languages across the entire development stack
- Key Skills: Experienced in writing python code to pre-process and analyze data to generate actionable insights. Experienced with Python, Go and basic Git and Linux command line experience. Familiarity with web services: REST, JSON
What You’ll Need..
- A rising junior, senior, or graduate-level computer science, data science student or related field, not graduating earlier than August 2021
- Comfortable with working in a Linux environment
- Hands on in your approach to understanding data and learning about new fields
- Thirsty for knowledge and do not hesitate to step outside of your comfort zone to learn new technologies, algorithms and
- Bonus points for coursework or previous experience in scientific computing, machine learning or computer security.
- Experience with AWS, Kafka, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins
- Data storage and caching technologies: RDBMS, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis, Memcached
- Computer and/or network security experience/understanding
- Contributions to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging)
Summer Internship Program Experience Teaser:
- Access to Intern Executive Speaker Series
- Development Workshops
- Fun social mixers
- Tech Talks
- Volunteer events
- Access to company events
- Assigned Mentor
- Continuous feedback
- Paid Holidays and 401k
- Swag and more!
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.