At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission – to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk. Learn more: https://www.crowdstrike.com/
About the Role
As an engineering intern at CrowdStrike, you’ll work alongside the best and the brightest engineering talent in the industry and contribute to the meaningful work in our engineering teams. We are looking for engineering interns to join the following teams:
- Cloud: At CrowdStrike, we’re building a next-generation security platform. This platform is built on a high-performance, distributed microservices architecture and uses the latest technologies to power a cutting-edge search and distributed graph system that puts the “big” in big data. As a cloud intern, you will be exposed to the infrastructure and technologies that are built to handle massive growth and volume reliably, and make material contributions to the tooling and services that power this platform. You’ll Develop and contribute to internal tools and tests that will be used throughout the cloud engineering team. Key Skills: Go, Python, Java, or C++ and proficient with web services: REST, JSON, XML (Locations: Irvine and Sunnyvale, CA)
- Sensor: The Sensor team is responsible for building a small kernel level sensor for multiple platforms including Windows, Mac, and Linux. Developers are expected to own design and development of core features on the platform. Features will cross cut most core OS subsystems such as file system, memory and process, and networking. Many features are also built in a way that they will have shared components across multiple platforms. The team operates under the Agile development principles and ships frequently. Key Skills: C, Python, C++, Container, Docker, Kubernetes, and experience in kernel development. (Locations: Kirkland, WA and Minneapolis, MN)
- Engine and Content Development: As a software engineer intern in the ECD team, you’ll help develop creative and resourceful ways to detect threats on Windows, Mac, and/or Linux systems. You’ll work collaboratively to implement threat detections in the Falcon Sensor, a small kernel-level module that observes system activity and recognizes malicious behavior, then provides on-box prevention capability and remote telemetry to the Falcon cloud. Features frequently cut across most core OS subsystems such as file system, memory and process, and networking. You’ll get exposure to both user-level and kernel-level coding practices. Many features are built utilizing shared components across multiple platforms. You’ll collaborate with multiple teams within engineering. Key Skills: Python, C/C++, Java, or Go and exposure to OS internals in Linux, Windows, or macOS, such as networking, process management, file systems, and multi-threaded development. (Location: Minneapolis, MN)
- Application Security: CrowdStrike’s Application Security team goes deeper than the standard application security team, and thinks like the attacker, to help design secure applications. As an Application Security Engineer Intern, you will perform technical security assessments, static code analysis, and dynamic testing to highlight risk and help engineering teams improve the overall security of our products. Key Skills: C/C++, Go, or Python, experience in vulnerability identification, assessment, and remediation, Application Security testing methodologies, Reverse Engineering (User-mode, Kernel-mode), and Penetration Testing techniques (Location: Irvine, CA)
- Participate in design and development of software with cross platform deliverables
- Work with cutting edge technologies and languages across the entire development stack
- Build elegant solutions for complex technical problems in the native languages
- Help ensure software and systems are designed and implemented to the highest security standards
- Develop system design and coding best practices for engineering teams
- Learn about our massively scalable distributed architecture
What You’ll Need..
- Currently enrolled at a four university, currently working towards a CS/Engineering degree, not graduating earlier than August 2021
- Development experienced with one or more of the following: Python, C/C++, Java, or Go
- Able to communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a distributed team.
- Familiarity and experience with Agile process
- Can think about and write high quality code and can demonstrate that capability, be it through job experience, schoolwork, or contributions to community projects.
- Experience with Linux, Go, AWS, Kafka, GRPC, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Bamboo, Git
- Data storage: RDBMS, NoSQL, and caching technologies, e.g. PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis, Memcached
- Computer and/or network security experience/understanding
- Contributions to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging)
- OS system understanding for core concepts and subsystems (Linux, XNU, FreeBSD, etc)
- Experience responding to security events, including front-line analysis and escalation, on hacktivist, cybercrime, and APT activity.
- Other technical security certifications or security-related academic background, such as coursework, projects, or capture-the-flag competitions, will be a plus.
Summer Internship Program Experience Teaser:
- Access to Intern Executive Speaker Series
- Development Workshops
- Fun social mixers
- Tech Talks
- Volunteer events
- Access to company events
- Assigned Mentor
- Continuous feedback
- Paid Holidays and 401k
- Swag and more!
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.