Finance – Fiscal Assistant
What We’re Looking For:
We are seeking a Fiscal Assistant is responsible for performing clerical/administrative duties that supports the Finance Team. The ideal candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist Fiscal Specialist with preparing and updating general ledger schedules, preparing general ledger reconciliations, bank reconciliations, and funder reports
- Prepare accurate spreadsheets for various fiscal projects, including provider payments maintenance and in-kind reports
- Perform timesheet audit of employee files.
- Perform data entry in accounting system for approved journal entries and update journal entry log
- Maintain check files, journal entry files, and assist with maintaining other filing systems
- Serve as backup for cash receipts function
- Assists fiscal specialist, accounts payable, supervisors, and management with other fiscal related tasks to ensure department objectives are met.
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- High School graduate, some accounting classes and/or experience in an accounting office preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with data entry in an accounting system
- Must have intermediate computer skills with proficiencies in computerized accounting system, Word and Excel; non-profit accounting experience desired.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principals and practices
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-task environment and meet stringent deadlines
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Requires the direction and support of the Accounting Manager in performing accounting duties; requires meticulous, thorough detailed approach to work. Involves application of broad knowledge of finance, accounting, and government funding principles.
Crystal Stairs is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce and culture. As part of this commitment, Crystal Stairs provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, medical condition as defined by state law, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, ethnic group identification, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about Crystal Stairs, please visit our website at: www.crystalstairs.org
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.