Human Resources – Head Start Human Resources Generalist
What We’re Looking For:
We are seeking a Head Start Human Resources Generalist who directly delivers a full spectrum of Human Resources generalist services (benefits, compensation, employee relations, staffing, organizational consulting, training and career development) to the Head Start and Early Head Start department with specific emphasis in that areas of staffing, training, and employee relations.
Under minimal supervision, the HR Generalist for Head Start serves as a business partner to the Head Start Unit, related to all aspects of Human Resources. The HR Generalist troubleshoots employee relations problems or complaints, proactively investigates problems or errors, and documents circumstances to see through to appropriate resolution. The ideal candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Serve as Generalist to Head Start organization by providing subject matter expertise in the areas of leadership, organization effectiveness, organization architecture, building organizational capability, and people processes to enable the sustainable achievement of business results.
- Assures Human Resources standards and procedures are maintained with excellence as they relate to the application of all Head Start Performance Standards.
- Coach, mentor and educate Head Start managers and employees on consistent application of HR programs, policies, procedures and practices to ensure knowledge transfer and enhanced organizational capability related to the management and development of people.
- Counsel and advise managers on appropriate interventions to address employee relations issues (e.g., performance improvement process), and monitor progress.
- Function as staffing focal point for assigned client group, working cooperatively with recruiting personnel to oversee all recruitment and licensing activities for Head Start while providing high quality candidates in a timely manner.
- Diagnose organizational human resources concerns and conducts informal on site observations to increase effectiveness of personnel. Provide conflict resolution and design and deliver appropriate interventions to creatively and proactively address current and future HR issues.
- Conduct fact-finding investigation activities (e.g., interviews, document review, consultation with appropriate management staff) related to internal and external inquiries, complaints and concerns and prescribe appropriate remedies for resolution.
- Consult with legal counsel as appropriate, and/or as directed by the Human Resources leadership on personnel matters.
- Maintain a client-centric approach to HR service delivery by developing and sustaining productive relationships, while collaborating with clients in providing solutions to their needs.
- Confer with Human Resources Generalist on all compliance issues, policy/procedure violations, disciplinary infractions, terminations and/or below standard evaluations and other employee relations issues as needed.
- Assist as directed in the development, presentation and evaluation of internal training and development programs for all Head Start managerial and non-managerial personnel.
- Serve as a back up in administration of Head Start employee benefit programs.
- Attend training, participate in HR forums, and stay current on matters affecting Human Resources.
- Support organization-wide HR efforts and other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communication, Organizational Development or related field, with Human Resources Certification preferred, or equivalent years’ experience.
- Minimum 5 years human resources generalist experience in organizations of 150 or more employees, with experience including exposure to the major disciplines of human resources management, (e.g., benefits, compensation, staff relations, training and development).
- Minimum 5 years staff relations experience involving human resource management and staff consultation, legal analysis, conflict resolution, mediation, and management and staff training.
- Thorough knowledge of and expertise in all areas of Human Resources, including labor law and policy and procedure interpretation.
- Must have thorough knowledge of business operations and strategic H.R. planning, as well as excellent problem solving skills.
- MS Office knowledge required, with demonstrated computer competency. HRIS experience required. ADP HRB, Cornerstone OnDemand, Head Start experience preferred.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and customer service skills required, with the ability to deal with tact and diplomacy with all levels of the organization.
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple tasks and handle changing priorities and deadlines.
- Must have strong ability to educate, persuade and interact with all organizational levels. Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy during the process of educating, mentoring and coaching staff and management is a must.
- Represents Human Resources for Head Start as prime contact for the agency.
- Works closely with supervisors and managers as a partner to assist in the overall success of the organization.
- Provides expert counsel and exercises sound judgment in handling complex employee issues. Position requires high degree professionalism, judgment, and maturity, and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Operates under minimal supervision as an HR Head Start expert, exercising considerable latitude in decision-making process. Accountable for delivering full line of HR products and services to Head Start program.
Crystal Stairs is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce and culture. As part of this commitment, Crystal Stairs provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, medical condition as defined by state law, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, ethnic group identification, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about Crystal Stairs, please visit our website at: www.crystalstairs.org
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.