What We’re Looking For:
We are seeking a Program Specialist who under the direction of the Program Supervisor, assists with the implementation of services and special projects for child care referral services. All duties and responsibilities are performed in accordance with specific contractual obligations and department standards. Assistance provided by the Program Specialist includes the delivery of quality services. The ideal candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform telephone counseling with parents on choosing quality child care and on child development issues.
- Provide parents with referrals to licensed child care programs.
- Routinely update computerized provider child care records.
- Disseminate information and resources on relevant child care and child care development issues as needed.
- Keep abreast of legislative issues and regulatory changes affecting child care providers.
- Act as a resource hub to providers, parents, and the community.
- Attend workshops, trainings, and community meetings as requested.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when needed.
- Assist department management team as requested with any special departmental projects or functions including provider training and workshops, special mailings, and special projects.
- Give presentations to community groups or organizations as needed.
- Work with other department staff and other agency departments to coordinate services to parents and providers.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the management team.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field preferred. Relevant work experience in human services/child development may be substituted for college level education.
- Previous experience in early childhood education or child care field preferred, in direct services such as a center-based or family child care, or in indirect services such as parent education or counseling.
- Must have knowledge of Crystal Stairs’ programs and service areas
- Must have knowledge of child care resources and general child care information
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must have the ability to deliver strong customer service skills;
- Must possess the ability to work effectively with parents and child care providers
- Possess strong organization skills and be detail oriented
- Must be an enthusiastic team player and take initiative
- Demonstrate a high proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Publisher, Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Requires the use of good judgment and decision making in analyzing facts and circumstances to determine solutions for providers and parents
- Requires self discipline and efficient practice or procedures to complete job responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Accountable for completing all duties and assigned tasked within a timely manner.
- Determines priorities based on business/department need.
- Must have the ability to work flexible days as work may include evenings and weekends.
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License, have use of a motor vehicle and provide evidence of automobile liability insurance.
Crystal Stairs is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce and culture. As part of this commitment, Crystal Stairs provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, medical condition as defined by state law, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, ethnic group identification, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other legally protected status.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page