Test Engineer that can set up and perform engineering, research & development and environmental test in accordance to MIL-STD-81 and/or RTCA/DO 160 standards in relation to CCS standard product line (pressure/temperature switches and transducers). Conducts engineering test and detailed experimental testing to collect data or assist in research work.
Candidates shall have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to interface with individuals at multiple levels in the organization. Strong mechanical aptitude and problem solving are required. Electronics and instrumentation knowledge is preferred. Experience working in an aerospace industry is preferred. The ideal candidate will have experience in a test lab environment with exposure to a number for the following areas:
- Thermal Cycling & Shock
- Temperature & Humidity
- Temperature & Vacuum / Altitude
- Random & Sine Vibration
- Classical & SRS Shock
- Pressure Transducers
- Oscilloscopes & Data Acquisition Systems (DAQs)
- Charge Amplifiers & Signal Conditioners
- Constant Current Supplies
- Digital and Analog Filters
- Various meters (multi-meters, milliohm-meters, HR meters)
- Thermocouples & Humidity Probes
- Design various product testing environments e. electrical, pressure, and temperature;
- May set-up test procedures, diagnose malfunctions, perform troubleshooting and rework;
- Determines whether product meets specifications as to performance, as controlled by drawings, ATP’s (Acceptance Test Procedures), and Customer Maintenance Manual test procedures (CMM), or specifications of either Custom Control Sensors or it’s customers;
- Comprehends and interprets testing data;
- Utilization of specialized electronic test equipment
- When requested, works with production assembly/test training personnel in proper test set-up and methods to be followed;
- Effectively works from written travelers, blueprints, schematics, quality reports and procedures;
- Keeps quality up to acceptable standards with little discrepant work;
- Performs tasks equal to or exceeding established standards;
- Working consistently, overtime as required
- Conducts himself/herself in a business-like and civil manner;
- Ability to react to changes productively and perform other essential tasks as assigned;
Skills and Requirements:
- Applicant must be ITAR compliant.
- Proficient knowledge of industry product testing methods;
- Basic knowledge of electronic, thermal and vibration testing;
- Working knowledge of test specs including Mil-Std 810 and RTCA DO-160:
- Ability to proficiently utilize precision measuring equipment such as: micrometers, pressure and height gauges, temperature chambers, dielectric testers, force gauges, ph equipment and vibration equipment;
- Effective time management skills;
- Attention to detail and continuous improvement focus;
- Manual dexterity to safely and proficiently utilize various specialized equipment, and construct complex testing environment. Manual dexterity to safely and proficiently operate company office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, calculator, and personal computers;
- Ability to read, write and follow written and verbal instructions in English;
- Ability to work well with only a modest amount of repeated instructions;
- Be team oriented and possess flexibility and adaptability.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License and clean driving record;
- Working consistently, working overtime, and traveling as required;
- Be team oriented and possess flexibility and adaptability
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers to flex and extend fingers with opposition of thumb; palmar grasp, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, bend, stoop, reach, turn, twist, push, pull, and to move within all areas of the facilities and parking lots. A computer is used to access, input, and retrieve data. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
“Custom Control Sensors, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law”.