The IHOP Strategy + Business Analytics team reports directly to the President of IHOP. We work regularly with every group across the business: Marketing, Culinary, Operations, Development, Consumer Insights, Finance and franchisee leadership committees.
The Senior Analyst will report to the Director, Strategy + Business Analytics, and will work closely with the Sr. Manager, Strategy + Business Analytics. Work spans a broad spectrum from big strategy questions looking over the horizon to regular business reporting and quick ad-hoc analytics.
Key responsibilities include:
- Execute projects and analyses for the broader organization, across all functional areas (Culinary, Marketing, Operations, Development, IT, Finance) and levels, including regular interaction across the IHOP Leadership team of VPs, SVPs and the President
- Support the Sr. Manager and Director on the team in daily data needs and in larger projects
- Develop relationships across the organization and provide insights and analyses to key VPs, Directors, and Managers
- Collaborate closely with the Consumer Insights and Business Intelligence teams to bring together key insights from various teams into a synthesized, distilled and compelling answer
WHY you should want to join our team
- You like food and you have a deep personal interest in the restaurant business
- You like rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty…
- Sitting back is not part of our mentality. All members of the team, from VP to Analyst, are driven to own their work and make an impact. As analyst, you carry out much of the core work of the team
- Working in the restaurant business, we realize the importance of forming and maintaining strong relationships with our restaurants and keeping up to speed on their offerings
- You want to help steer a business through seismic cultural and industry shifts
- Dining habits are changing faster than ever before, but casual dining brands still serve billions of meals a year – it is a wide-open race to see who will win those meals
- You crave the opportunity to see your projects through from beginning to end
- You want to see your work progress past the recommendation stage and come to life in the real world
- You take deep satisfaction in the ability to point at something and say “I helped build that”
- You are not afraid to be wrong
- We iterate swiftly and act as soon as we agree we have a “good enough” answer
- You are reflexively Guest-centric
- We look at any business problem from the Guest’s eyes first
- You empathize with our large and diverse network of franchisees and their teams
- Franchisees range from large private equity firms to single-location owners who started out washing dishes and have been with us for decades
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.