Dole Packaged Foods is a purpose led health and wellness organization that “champions a more equitable world.” A world where everyone has the right to nutrition from the goodness of the earth and we reduce these gaps, one action at a time.
The Marketing Finance Manager will be a key strategic business partner to the Marketing teams across the organization. The role will provide portfolio support, including but not limited to: supporting the innovation pipeline through development of financial models and launch performance tracking; leading the finance process for the Brand teams, such as forecasting, reporting, and tracking risks and opportunities; and partnering closely with the teams for annual and long-term financial planning, period, quarterly, and annual forecasting, accounting, internal controls, spend analytics, and ad hoc business support.
This role provides flexibility to work in a hybrid environment of home and our Westlake Village, CA office.
- Build strong relationships with the marketing teams and create a strategic partnership to identify and monitor key performance indicators and develop actionable insights
- Understand and interpret business results through P&L analysis, trends, earnings variation, mix, and various ad-hoc analyses and communicate those findings effectively
- Work closely with the cross functional teams to develop new product innovation P&Ls, along with tracking the performance of those new launches
- Ensure S&OP partnership and manage monthly marketing spend and pricing.
- Perform detailed analysis on marketing channel performance by product to drive efficiency and increase profitability.
- Provide leadership to Marketing managers through all planning processes including budget, periodic forecasts, and strategic planning.
- Develop a deep understanding of variances in actual performance versus plans and influence across the Marketing teams to maximize business outcomes. Lead measurement and reporting of media and promotional spend.
- Manage Risk and Opps related to Marketing spend and performance throughout the year to ensure appropriate anticipation of month end results.
- Manage updates to the monthly forecast for brands based on spending changes. Actively communicate changes to business partners by providing specific, actionable, and forward-looking commentary on the various changes as well as guidance on potential risk.
- Ensure consistency in tracking and projections; manage vendor processing and IO/PO requests
- Manage one direct report responsible for the administrative processes related to purchase orders and internal orders
- Other duties as assigned
Experience, Knowledge, & Skills You Bring:
- 5+ years of finance and accounting experience in a CPG, manufacturing, or sales organization
- Demonstrated experience at creative financial modeling to support innovation.
- Food and/or beverage experience preferred
- Strong expertise in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint) required; knowledge of SAP and planning/financial reporting systems preferred
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Passionate about a purpose driven career
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate across different functions and levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Education & Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree required; concentration in Finance preferred
- Ability to sit and use the computer for extended periods of time; ability to answer phones and use a variety of office equipment; ability to lift 15 pounds and reach overhead.
- Occasional travel may be required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.