Dole Packaged Foods is seeking a Supply Chain Analyst in a highly visible supply chain role that will be a member of the Operations Planning team (forecasting and inventory) in a global environment. This is a strategic and hands-on position responsible for developing and executing demand and inventory plans that will drive the organization towards exceeding customer service levels. This position will be responsible for short and long-term inventory planning and for procurement of finished goods from internal and external suppliers to ensure high customer fill rates at the lowest cost.
Collaboration with other members of the supply chain, Sales, Marketing, Sales Support, and New Product Group is paramount to achieve these sales and service objectives. The ideal candidate is hard-working, accountable, flexible and enjoys working in a fast-paced, all hands-on deck team environment.
- Utilize Demand Planning tools and other systems (i2 and SAP) to analyze inventory levels and maintain adequate supply for U.S. market items.
- Coordinate with Asia and domestic manufacturers and with centralized logistic group to understand issues that impact U.S. supply and to provide feedback to manufacturing on any demand trends or supply issues that may impact production requirements.
- Monitor and provide updates on slow moving and obsolete inventories to maximize revenues and minimize losses prior to product aging.
- Develop and maintain supply models for purchase planning from internal and external suppliers and for short/long term analysis.
- Work closely with Sales, Sales Support and Marketing on critical supply issues and on projects.
- Coordinate closely with transportation groups, regional warehouse managers, and sales support on critical products, special projects and customer requirements.
- Analyze forecast, monitoring and providing updates on changes and trends; develop and apply forecast allocations to ensure the right product is at the right location at the right time.
- PO management from creation through to payment for third party procurement; plan and create warehouse-to-warehouse stock transfers (goal is to minimize these).
- Plan and coordinate supply of company supplied ingredients to sub-contracting manufacturers.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- 1-3 years supply chain/operations experience
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word)
- Experience with SAP and/or other ERP software preferred
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and in team settings
- Sense of urgency; able to meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or related area; if no bachelor’s degree, must have 5+ years of experience in supply chain/logistics
- APICS / CPIM certification preferred
- Ability to sit and use a computer for extended periods of time; ability to answer phones, and utilize a variety of office equipment. Ability to lift a minimum of 15 lbs. and reach overhead.
- 0-10% may include travel to regional warehouses and domestic and/or Asian suppliers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.