The Social Media Specialist is in charge of Easterseals’ online social presence and is the primary administrator for our social media accounts. He/she is responsible for, creating and sharing original, engaging and topical content, setting objectives and reporting on results; remaining up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends, and interacting with our online audiences and other social media accounts creatively and professionally to ensure the continued growth of our organization’s reach and engagement numbers.
The Social Media Specialist should be a talented storyteller and pop-culture fan who works closely with the Director of Digital Content and the Digital Marketing Manager to ensure content that is shared online is aligned with our organization’s brand standards and will grow the online audiences for Easterseals’ various services for people with developmental disabilities and autism throughout Southern California.
This position is remote to start and will transition into an office role.
1. Creates, tags, and schedules/shares/publishes content for all of the organization’s social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other relevant platforms (Google Business pages, Glassdoor, Yelp, etc.) daily or as frequently as appropriate.
2. Supports the writing of content for organization websites, blog, and related microsites that are shared on social media platforms.
3. Designs social media strategy, sets objectives and reports on results (ROI).
4. Communicates and engages daily with followers, partner social channels, and other digital communities; monitors reviews, and answers inquiries and messages in a timely manner.
5. Suggests and implements new features to develop awareness of Easterseals’ brand and services, like promotions and competitions.
6. Works with other departments to assist with comment moderation of platforms such as Glassdoor and Handshake; and externally with partner agencies to plan/develop/coordinate shareable promotional content for digital campaigns.
7. Stays up-to-date with current technologies, audience preferences and online trends, tools, and applications. Oversees social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures).
8. Provides back-up for website content management, day-to-day operations, and administrative duties as needed.
9. Other duties as assigned.
B.A. or B.S. in Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Communications, Business or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working as a social media/website coordinator or similar role.
- Experience in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator (Adobe Creative Suite), Google Suites, Hootsuite, Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Agorapulse.
- Experience with WordPress or similar website platforms.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, OneDrive).
- Experience with Canva, mobile video editing like iMovie a plus.
- Previous experience working in the marketing department with non-profit organizations a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Talented digital storyteller, who knows how to turn pop-culture news and current events into relevant and engaging brand content, and ensure accessibility is maintained for the disability community.
- Strong writer who understands journalistic style and social media best practices.
- Able to create video clips using mobile technology.
- Tech-savvy of all social media platforms and emerging technology.
- Knowledge of performance tracking of marketing campaigns.
- Ability to work cohesively with a team and collaborate with various groups and personalities while also able to work independently.
- Skilled in developing social media relationships with partner agencies, responding to inquiries via messenger, and interacting with social media communities.
- Must have attention to detail while able to work calmly under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal. Capacity to learn new software and tools quickly.
- Good time management skills.
- Flexible and able to adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel locally with incumbent’s own reliable transportation; maintain driving record in compliance with Transportation Safety Standards; maintain auto insurance and vehicle registration.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a criminal record/fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation per Easterseals Southern California and/or program requirements.
- Must pass all drug testing required by ESSC.
- Minimum of 3 years of social media management for a website and/or media company
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising or related degree is preferred
- Demonstrated use of social media for business and technical familiarity with popular social media platforms and tools and their respective participants (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.)
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format
- Good team player, with the confidence to educate other departments if necessary on social media tactics and strategies
- Good technical understanding with an ability to pick up new tools quickly
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills; working knowledge of writing for SEO
- Strong organizational and grammar skills
- Knowledge of the disability community a plus
- Familiarity with Hootsuite or Buffer a plus
- Editorial and/or a marketing/PR background helpful
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.