Psyonix Graphics Team is looking for a smart, creative Rendering Programmer Intern to join them for Spring/Summer 2021. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
The Rendering Programmer Intern will work with artists and programmers to create and develop visually stunning content for our products. Our ideal candidate is passionate about writing high performance code while pushing the visual fidelity of real time rendering systems, and isn’t afraid to dive head first into adding or modifying features of an existing AAA game engine. As part of the Psyonix Graphics Team, you’ll get to work in a collaborative environment on a live game, where the end users of your work can be both developers and game players.
- Design and implement new visual features, either using state of the art techniques in real time rendering or inventing new ones
- Implement custom shaders for in-game special effects
- Work closely with artists to build new content pipelines within the title’s engine and/or 3rd party tools
- Write robust and easy to maintain code for a team working on a live title with rapid release cycles
- Strong C++ skills
- In-depth experience with real-time rendering
- Knowledge and proficient application of 3D math, rendering algorithms, and data structures
- Exposure to a broad range of graphics APIs and shader languages including DirectX and OpenGL/GLSL
- Performance minded development and optimization skills
- Strong communication and follow-through working with others to develop and iterate on features/tools
- Examples of projects in gaming or game engine technology a plus
This is a paid, remote internship for Spring or Summer 2021. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week remotely. Recruitment will run until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students
This is going to be Epic!
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.