EQ Office (“EQ” or “Company”) focuses on the experience of its 20 million square feet – how space feels, activates and performs to amplify the human experience. We’re proud to work together with more than 1,500 customers of all sizes, from Fortune 100 companies to emerging startups. Our diverse team of 160+ professionals is responsible for creating inspired office environments in major cities across the country including Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Seattle. As a U.S. office portfolio company wholly owned by Blackstone’s real estate funds, we have the resources to lead the changes happening in the workspace. Explore your space for greatness at www.eqoffice.com .
What We Value
Our vision, centered around our customers’ success, is to drive humanity into the workplace and beyond.
Our mission is to help companies attract, retain, and inspire talent by creating effective workplaces. We create spaces for greatness to happen – where people feel welcomed.
Our teams are dedicated to being responsible and giving members of our communities. We are invested in making the best decisions with the resources we consume, and we are committed to the well-being of our team members, tenants, and surrounding neighborhoods. We strive to build economic health in communities by regenerating urban spaces, preserving local culture, and driving humanity into our workplaces.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Create and implement an EQ ESG strategic roadmap and related budget that establishes objectives, goals, and milestones for the EQ ESG program over a 3-to-5-year horizon – ensure synergies and alignment with the wider Blackstone ESG program.
- Develop and lead EQ’s annual ESG report, establishing EQ as a best-in-class example of environmental, social, and governance practices.
- Support all benchmarking and certification efforts with Blackstone, including GRESB data collection, LEED, ENERGY STAR, Fitwel/Well and others.
- Manage the national partnership with social impact partner, YouthBuild, supporting EQ’s focus on workforce development and driving national internship sourcing, mentorship and volunteer opportunities, and impact reporting. Develop additional social impact partnership programs.
- Collaborate with EQ People and Culture on EQs Social initiatives – including but not limited to charitable giving, health and wellness, and DE&I initiatives.
- Establish, organize and lead an EQ sustainability council comprised of EQ employee stakeholders ensuring broad inclusion of employees from various geographies and seniority levels.
- Develop a program to collaborate and coordinate as EQ’s subject matter expert on ESG opportunities with other Blackstone portfolio companies in coordination with the Blackstone ESG team.
- Foster productive, proactive relationships with joint venture partners’ ESG organizations across the office portfolio.
- Support all internal and external reporting meetings with EQ leadership, Blackstone, portfolio companies, and vendor partners.
- Partner with EQ marketing to develop and implement promotional and educational programs to create awareness, and to generate and communicate thought-leadership communications that enhance EQ’s reputation.
- Participate with membership in relevant organizations, represent EQ on industry panels, and speak on behalf of the Company at industry events related to social impact and sustainability.
Measurement, Reporting and Controls
- Lead and oversee development, maintenance, and execution of a regular cadence of ESG reporting, both internal and external, including production of an annual ESG Report, and other reporting products as needed.
- Support initiation of quarterly ESG portfolio audits, supporting timely collection of ESG data and then supporting needed validation, analysis, and reporting.
- Develop and maintain an ESG dashboard for functional leaders and the executive team.
- Overall responsible for gathering, maintaining, validating, and analyzing sustainability performance data toward goal achievement, and for report findings and recommendations to senior management team.
- Continuous monitoring of performance against corporate ESG goals. Regular benchmarking of EQ ESG performance against peers, against industry trends and best practices. Proactive identification of issues, risks, opportunities, and trends that may impact the company from an ESG and corporate responsibility perspective.
- Support tenants’ strategies and programs to reduce energy and water consumption, implement best practices, sustainable property management strategies, and efficiency retrofits wherever feasible and cost effective.
- Coordinate with regional engineering leaders, property managers, and construction project managers to ensure compliance with sustainability objectives.
- Partner with regional teams and engineering leaders to ensure proper sustainability procedures and standards are practiced and maintained at each property.
This role requires an individual with proven excellence in project management, strong program & data management experience, and a familiarity plus passion for understanding the ESG landscape, with emphasis on ESG reporting and communications, employee volunteerism, and best-in-class environmental programs. This leader will posses a strategic mindset, be accountable and ensure accountability, is customer focused, action oriented, and is an outstanding team builder, collaborator, and communicator.
- 10+ years of related experience that includes direct experience with ESG programs in a corporate environment
- Demonstrable knowledge of ESG frameworks, standards and trends is required
- Natural and proven collaborator
- Strong communication and polished presentation skills
- Relationship building at all levels, including with Senior Executives and C-Suite
- Leadership of diverse teams in complex and ambiguous strategy engagements
- Undergraduate degree in environmental science, engineering, finance, or a related field is required. An advanced degree in a relevant field is preferred
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email email@example.com.