We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
This position is a summer paid internship, which can extend into a part-time position during the school year. Work will be completed within normal 7:30am to 5pm business hours.
Prepares and maintains general and subsidiary ledgers, financial records; prepares financial statements and reports for assigned companies; analyzes and interprets accounting records
Essential Job Functions
- Reconciliation of bank and general ledger accounts. Identifies adjustments, corrective action, and prepares documentation in support of the reconciliation.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, various reports, and financial records for assigned books of business or companies.
- Prepares, processes, and validates recurring and miscellaneous accounting entries (journals/payments).
- Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers and records for assigned companies.
- Prepares reports and statements for various state and regulatory filings for assigned companies.
- Assists in the financial analysis of special projects and ad-hoc requests.
Eligible to graduate within a one year period and currently working towards a degree in accounting or a similar degree that would allow the individual to sit for the CPA exam upon graduation.
- Demonstrates basic Excel skills
- Ability to apply various formulas and functions for data analysis
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.