Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (“FMIC”) headquarters is located in Scottsdale, AZ. Our brand mission is to accompany each player at every stage with products and brand experiences that fuel the pursuit of musical expression.
An American icon, Fender was born in Southern California and has built a worldwide influence extending beyond the studio and the stage. A Fender is more than an instrument, it’s a cultural symbol that resonates globally.
We are seeking an experienced Paralegal to join our Legal team in Scottsdale, Hollywood, or Remote. As the Paralegal, you will assist and learn from the paralegal and staff attorneys in the Fender Legal Group.
- Provide support to the legal department in a variety of corporate, commercial transaction, data privacy, product compliance and IP matters
- Facilitate the licensing of third-party intellectual property (music, footage, photos, fonts, graphics, etc.) for use in advertising, promotions, and brand integrations
- Handle all aspects of music licensing and contract administration with music publishers, record labels, performance rights organizations (domestic and international) and other rights holders
- Support global regulatory and compliance initiatives
- Support litigation, arbitration, and investigation matters
- Corporate law assistance, including due diligence support, data room management, preparing and organizing documents for the Legal and cross-divisional teams
- Support attorneys in drafting, negotiating and/or reviewing a variety of commercial transactions, including sales, service, consulting, technology, licensing, non-disclosure, dealer and other agreements
- Manage contract lifecycle from inception through execution, including tracking contract details and phases until contract execution while continuously communicating progress to supervising attorney and internal clients.
- Project manage all corporate legal matters related to international subsidiaries
- Under attorney supervision, research and respond to other legal department requests related to corporate or legal compliance
- Maintain and file corporate records, including resolutions, board of director changes, annual reports, etc.
- Coordinate and receive board and committee signatures for documents and materials
- Manage documents related to corporate policies and protocols
- Providing administrative support for documents, including contract management and digital filing.
- Working with other members of the legal team on special projects and initiatives as needed.
The ideal candidate is a graduate of a paralegal or legal studies program at a regionally accredited college or university. The successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of attention to detail, work well in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities, maintain confidentiality of matters, and be well organized. This position is non-exempt, and reports to the SVP & General Counsel.
- Bachelor’s degree and a paralegal certificate from an ABA accredited program preferred
- 3-5+ years’ experience working in an internal legal department in a paralegal role preferred
- Skilled in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Solid technology and research skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with a variety of personalities in a professional and timely manner
- Willingness to take direction from others and ability to work independently on assignments with demonstrated judgment in when to seek assistance
- Solid time management skills, ability to execute within established processes and directions on a timely basis, solid prioritization skills, and results-driven orientation
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to work with large data sets and reports
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend instructions and work at a fast pace with a high degree of accuracy
- Diplomacy and calmness under pressure and shifting priorities
- Strong desire to learn and perform
About Fender Musical Instruments:
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is one of the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers, marketers and distributors, whose portfolio of brands includes Fender®, Squier®, Gretsch®, Jackson®, EVH®, Charvel® and Groove Tubes®, among others. For more information, visit www.fender.com. FMIC offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401(k), paid time off, and an equipment purchase program to help you get the band back together. Fender Musical Instruments Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.