FLEX is seeking confident individuals with strong interpersonal skills to guide high school students on their path to college. A strong knowledge of the admissions process or previous admissions experience are big pluses. But for those of you who are new to the industry, training is provided!
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree from a U.S. Top 50 college or university
- Strong interpersonal communication skills needed to establish rapport with clients, gain consensus, and achieve diplomacy
- Passion for higher education
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Expert knowledge of the U.S. college admissions process
- Professional presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage projects, and take initiative
- Availability to work at least some evenings and Saturdays
What we’d love but don’t need:
- Admissions consulting/counseling experience
- Experience working in an admissions office
- Spoken fluency in Mandarin or Korean
- Prior teaching experience
What you’ll do:
- Admissions Consultants are responsible for helping students create competitive and strategic college applications to achieve their college admissions goals.
- Admissions Consultants work with families, provide college essay, resume, and interview assistance, lead seminars, and give workshops on academic and extra-curricular strategies.
- In addition to working directly with students and parents, Consultants work closely with the rest of FLEX’s Admissions Consulting team to conduct research, exchange ideas, complete long-term projects and much more.
- Inter-Regional travel is expected.
What we’re excited to give you:
- Competitive compensation:
- Bonus eligibility (over 20% of base)
- Opportunities for rapid growth and merit-based promotion
- 3 weeks paid time off
- Paid company holidays
- Subsidized medical, dental and vision insurance
- Discounts for FLEX services
- Free food. Getting out of bed can be hard – coffee’s on us!
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.