Great Expectations College Prep, LLC is a company committed to helping families manage standardized testing and the college application process, from the first standardized test to the last college essay.
We provide in-home, one-on-one service for our families, so you must have reliable access to a car to get to and from the students' homes. We are looking to hire qualified, experienced college counselors who are able/willing to drive to clients in the greater Los Angeles area.
REQUIREMENTS FOR COLLEGE COUNSELORS:
* Prior experience with the college counseling and/or admissions process
* Strong familiarity with US colleges and universities (requirements, programs, the "feel" of the schools, size, location, etc.)
* Solid grasp of what schools are looking for in extracurriculars, personal statements/essays, interviews, etc.
* Ability to help students brainstorm for, outline, write, and edit dozens of college essays* Excellent grammar and writing skills
* Quick response times and strong organizational/scheduling skills
* Familiarity with scholarships and/or financial aid a plus
* Extremely reliable, friendly, and confident
* Available after school and on weekends
A degree from a top university is preferred but not required for counselors. Counselors must bring their own laptop to sessions.
The pay rate for college counselors starts at $50/hr and steadily increases as good feedback and referrals roll in!
NOTE: First round interviews will be held over the phone, and second round interviews will be held in Brentwood (as will training, if hired) -- once training is complete, however, work will be in the greater Los Angeles area. The majority of our clients are in Pacific Palisades and Santa Monica.
Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions. We hope to hear from you!
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.