This role can be based in anyone of the following locations: TX, UT, NY, CA, IL, FL, GA, NC or Washington DC
Guidehouse Insights is seeking a Senior Research Analyst to join our Technology Insights team.
Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.
Senior Research Analyst-Hydrogen will function at the Guidehouse Managing Consultant staff level supporting Guidehouse Insights Energy Technology Insights team. Guidehouse Insights, a part of Guidehouse’s Energy, Sustainability & Infrastructure practice, is a dedicated market research and consulting team that provides in-depth technology and market analysis covering the global clean, distributed, intelligent, and mobile energy ecosystem. The team’s research methodology combines supply-side industry analysis, end-user primary research and demand assessment, and deep examination of emerging technology trends to provide a comprehensive view of these industry sectors.
The Senior Research Analyst-Hydrogen is responsible for managing our Hydrogen Insights research service. The analyst has a prominent reputation within the hydrogen industry and is actively engaged in collaborating and conducting analytical research and writing, consistently delivers work of the highest quality, within budget and on time. This includes producing a research roadmap, managing the collection and analysis of market data, and leading custom research projects. The Senior Research Analyst-Hydrogen provides deep understanding of hydrogen production technologies and their applications, including:
- Both ‘green’ and ‘blue‘ hydrogen systems
- Transport, storage and end-use of hydrogen
- Related low carbon technologies, including decarbonization applications (fuel switching) and understanding of carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS)
- Understanding of various commercial, policy and regulatory issues that impact the hydrogen value chain.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collecting, synthesizing, and translating information from varied sources into cohesive commentary on the market size potential and impacts of technology trends
- Authoring research reports, white papers, and other professional literature for a variety of audiences within the hydrogen sector
- Producing quantitative analyses and market forecasts
- Developing roadmaps for future research to be published in a subscription service
- Shaping, pricing, and conducting customized hydrogen market research projects
- Conducting interviews with representatives of the hydrogen market competitors and industry stakeholders
- Working with business development staff to grow client relationships and client base
- Marketing subscription services and expertise via press interactions, conference presentations, contributed articles to industry publications, and blogs
We encourage career development and hiring for the long term. As a Senior Research Analyst, you will follow a clearly defined career path and continue to deepen your specialized industry knowledge and consulting skills. As you hone your project management skills, leadership abilities and the aptitude for managing multiple workstreams, you will have the opportunity to progress to the Associate Director level.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, business, economics, engineering or related higher education qualifications
- At least 5+ years of relevant industry experience including relationships with relevant industry players
- Proven track record of client management and account growth related to hydrogen or low carbon technologies
- Exceptional writing skills
- Strong secondary research / information discovery and aggregation skills
- Solid quantitative analysis, ability to create market models and forecasts using assumptions gleaned from research
- Good interviewing skills
- Excellent presentation skills and executive presence
- Technology market research / industry analysis experience
In addition to the above listed requirements:
- Graduate degree (Master’s or MBA)
- Client management and account growth related to hydrogen or low carbon technologies
- Working knowledge of both ‘green’ and ‘blue‘ hydrogen systems to include the transport, storage and end-use of hydrogen
- Research and/or working experience related to low carbon technologies, including decarbonization applications (fuel switching) and understanding of carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS)
- Demonstrated understanding of various commercial, policy and regulatory issues that impact the hydrogen value chain
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
· Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
· Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
· Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Basic Life & Supplemental Life
· Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
· Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
· Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
· Skills Development & Certifications
· Employee Referral Program
· Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
· Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.