Merchandising is the lifeblood of all great retail companies – and Harbor Freight is no exception. The Merchandising department determines what products are sold, how they are priced and how they are promoted in-store, in print and in digital. We’re looking for the next generation of great leaders to join our Merchant team and gain hands on experience to learn the retail business. During a 10 week period, interns will be assigned to functional teams such as promotional planning, merchandising operations / execution or store environment to learn day-to-day operations, merchandising skills and overall comprehension of the retail business at Harbor Freight’s Headquarters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be assigned to a team within our Merchandising department where you will work side-by-side with our Merchants to learn what it likes to be a full-time Harbor Freight Associate
- You will take ownership over projects where you tackle some of the most critical questions facing our team from how to accelerate new product development to determining the way to optimize our space in the store to refining how we promote our product as well as launch key new brands
- You will partner with our category owners to help expand your business analysis and market knowledge abilities by deep diving some of our most critical product lines
- You will receive continuous coaching & mentorship – we are passionate about our work and we will make sure you receive both formal guidance as well as regular mentorship from your manager and others.
- You will experience a fast paced, dynamic work environment. We live our core principles daily and value an organization of diverse individuals and backgrounds.
- You will have the opportunity to present your recommendations to upper management as well as provide a comprehensive report to our Merchandising team leadership
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience:
- Junior in college obtaining a 4-year undergraduate degree
- Possess excellent visionary, strategic and motivational leadership skills
- Display strong teamwork, analytical skills, problem solving and solutions oriented mindset to drive business and category growth
- Have a passion to lead complex, game-changing work, embrace new experiences, and operate with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Able to effectively manage multiple priorities under pressure by taking initiative and showing flexibility
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and an ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to be a collaborative, team player
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems under pressure
- Microsoft Office knowledge intermediate required
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.