Our Internship Offer
You will work closely with the Program Managers and Coordinators with ongoing responsibilities and 1-2 long-term projects tailored to your interests, abilities, learning objectives, and length of the internship. These projects are designed to give you insights into non-profit operations, as well as build project management, collaboration and communication skills. Working with the program team, you will have front row opportunities to help future leaders of the music industry gain access to the essential skills and tools it takes to be successful. Overall, you will gain a deeper understanding of working in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to grow as a young professional. The Spring 2021 internship is virtual.
· Assist with the planning and delivery of digital programs
· Assist with program tracking and evaluation
· Support strategy outreach methods for program participant recruitment for all digital programming
· Support efforts related to the promotion and recruitment of applicants for the Music Forward Scholarship Program
· Attend related staff and department meetings
· As the Spring 2021 internship is virtual, you have reliable access to a computer and the internet
· Currently enrolled at a college/university
· Demonstrated interest in youth services, industry relations, music business, community engagement, program development, and/or non-profit management
· Effective, thorough, and concise communication skills
· Focused attention to detail with a strong work ethic
· Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
· Work well independently and collaborate as a team member
· Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Strong research, quantitative, and analytical skills
· Knowledge of the non-profit sector and related programming
Personal Attributes Needed for Success:
· Goal Oriented
· Effective Communicator
· Attention to Detail
This is a part-time virtual internship (12-20 hours per week). The internship starts the week of January 18th, or a date mutually agreed, and concludes mid-May. Exact dates are dependent on school calendars, the needs of Music Forward and the intern. Candidates must be available between 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday.
This is an unpaid internship position for academic credit. Intern coordinates with their educational institution for academic credit; you will have a designated supervisor who can complete an evaluation and documentation to satisfy academic credit requirements.
Submit a resume and cover letter via https://musicforwardfoundation.submittable.com/submit
Music Forward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any of employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.