TYPE: Full-Time, M-F, 30 hours/week
START DATE: December 2020
SALARY LEVEL: $20.00-$23.00 per hour
TERM: 6 months with opportunity for placement if available
Huntington Medical Research Institutes is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving lives through patient-focused scientific research. Our brand-new state of the art laboratory anchors the biomedical corridor on South Fair Oaks in Pasadena. Our scientists’ research focuses on the connection between the brain and heart, developing diagnostic tools to help treat common diseases of these vital organs that affect every family.
The Development Research Coordinator must possess exceptional organizational, technical and communications skills; will be punctual, reliable, detail oriented and a team player, with the ability to manage multiple tasks quickly and accurately.
The Development Research Coordinator reports directly to the Vice President of Development, works with other members of the development team, and interfaces with other HMRI staff members.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Responsible for supporting and coordinating the use of the prospect and donor records, both hard copy and electronic, and to create analytical research profiles on prospects.
- Provides analysis of the gift capabilities of those within the donor database.
- Produces monthly fund reports and year-end fundraising reports, and to act as a resource for the development team.
- Always respects the confidential nature of the position.
- The Development Research Coordinator also performs a wide range of job duties as assigned and requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree
- Experience with database management and knowledge of/experience with Raisers Edge and iWave search engine (or similar) preferred
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills, with attention to detail
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and internet savvy
- People-oriented, collaborative, and dependable
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be a reliable and conscientious self-starter
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues, building respect, consensus, and trust across reporting lines.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.