This is a standing job posting. Illumina has multiple Software Engineer in Test openings at the moment, within various levels.
Software Engineer in Test
This role is to develop automated tests, tools and framework necessary for verifying and/or validating Illumina’s data analysis software. You will work with system/domain experts, software development team, cross functional team to assess, propose and develop automated test solution(s) for Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) analysis software.
The successful candidate must be a fast learner with strong sense of ownership, motivation, and detail orientated.
- Develop and execute automated API/UI/Unit tests to enable continuous delivery.
- Develop, maintain and enhance automated test framework, tools and unit tests.
- Work with test lead, bioinformatics scientists to understand analysis algorithms and architect & develop automated test solution(s).
- Collaborate with software developers and domain experts for designing and improving verification tests
- Partner with software verification engineers to test applications manually as needed.
- Prepare necessary verification test artifacts required for formal software/product release
- Participate in Code and Design Reviews
- Collaborate with peers to identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Work collaboratively and effectively in an agile and very fast paced environment.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Computational Science, or related field from an accredited university (or foreign equivalent).
- Experienced in Unix and Shell scripting or equivalent command line tools.
- Experienced in implementing end to end automated test suite for API, desktop, web apps and experience with test framework such as pytest, JUnit or Jasmine.
- Experienced in writing verification plans, test cases, defects reports, executing & managing test cases using test cases management system and writing verification reports.
- Experienced in working with cloud services such as AWS.
- Strong understanding of SDLC processes specifically agile scrum methodology.
- Be curious, detail oriented, and analytical, with a proven ability to learn quickly
- Be customer-focused, team-oriented, and motivated, taking ownership of assigned tasks
- Have proven ability to self-manage, as well as manage interdisciplinary relationships
- Understanding NGS data analysis, Oncology, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, or related field of biology is a plus.
- 0 – 15 years of software verification experience with focus on medical device software or regulated applications.
- Possess proven troubleshooting skills
- Have proven verbal and written communication skills
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs
At Illumina, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by cultivating an environment in which everyone contributes to our mission. Built on a strong foundation, Illumina has always been rooted in openness, collaboration, and seeking alternative views and perspectives to propel innovation in genomics. We are proud to confirm a zero-net gap in pay, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or race. We also have several Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that deliver career development experiences, increase cultural awareness, and demonstrate our collective commitment to diversity and inclusion in the communities we live and work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.